PDA

View Full Version : Whats real?

mellymel
01-04-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm so scared of losing my mind. This constant state of "is it real or not" is driving me nuts :( things look weird, I question if I'm really here or not, things seem unfamiliar at times...is this really just anxiety or something more serious, like psychosis ? I'm terrified :(

Saldav
01-04-2013, 10:59 PM
It sounds to me like anxiety/depression is what you are going through, the more you think of crap the crapier you will feel.

Ivere
01-05-2013, 01:09 AM
I get that 'things look weird' thing every day. I first experienced it after a drug addiction over 4 years ago which made it even worse - so I totally get the psychosis thing. I only recently discovered this was a symptom of anxiety, that reassures me. Worth getting your eyes checked, if you have any eye strain/pressure that won't help. I find its worse under fluorescent lights? I hope you calm down over this.

anxiousmal
01-05-2013, 03:34 AM
Well I would doubt very much its psychosis, if you had psychosis you probably wouldnt realise it. Anyway the "doesnt feel real" thing I've had alot and it is slowly fading away. It is definatly a symptom of anxiety. Try and relax and take your mind off things. If you keep worrying about if your here or not, youll just wind yourself up. Just try and relax and ride the feelings out. They will pass. Video games helped me ignore it really well. I highly recommend any strategy game or rpg game.

Also you are really here and there is nothing to be scarred of, its just a feeling.

mellymel
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm just really going through a rough patch. Somedays I'm fine and others I feel like I need to admit myself to a mental institution :(