PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys! Major anxiety!

PaigeK
01-04-2013, 05:13 PM
I recently got off of pristiq and then Zoloft befause of the weight gain! My anxiety is increasing the longer I'm off of it. I have a weird pressure above my right ear sometimes into my temple. It almost feels like I have a headband on sometimes. It scares me because I'm terrified of a brain tumor! :/ I think the worst possible about everything. Today I've been real tired and I've had that weird feeling above my ear a lot. Just kinda worried!

alankay
01-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Na! Muscle tension or just a sensation in ye olde brain. Try another ssri like fluoxetine or celexa. Alankay

PaigeK
01-04-2013, 07:49 PM
It drives me insane!

PaigeK
01-04-2013, 07:49 PM
I am almost convinced I have a tumor!

alankay
01-04-2013, 07:51 PM
I know. I have thought the same. You don't. Wanna bet me? Alankay

PaigeK
01-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Have u ever had the headband feeling?

Ivere
01-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Sucks this is happening to you Paige. I get the head pain, shooting stabbing pains on both sides of my head and back of head, heat tingling sensations in my forehead and no over the counter medication works. I've been dealing with this every day for the last 2 months. Had CT scans, fine. Going for a blood test soon but I'm assuming it will be fine too. It's possible it's coming from your neck (I got diagnosed with a pinched nerve but I think it's a combo of the two) use a heat pack of an evening, or try seriously concentrating on relaxing the muscles in your head. It's VERY scary and frustrating. Tumors make you do weird stuff, like run naked down the street haha. Try taking some magnesium, rescue remedy. I got my eyes checked and reading glasses help with not tensing. Sorry this is long but I know how you're feeling! Google 'tension headache' and the band symptom is the most common.