PDA

View Full Version : Ms/ALS

richarp1
01-04-2013, 02:10 AM
Hi,

About 3 years ago I started getting dizzee, and having panic attacks. Then over the past 3 years iv had stabbing muscle pains all over body jumping from one body part to another. I just got on with things then I had a big attack on holiday 5 months ago which lasted over 5 hours!*

Since then I have had muscle twitching all over my body but mainly in legs, stiffness, dizziness, messing up words and a weak sensation in my left leg, I have also had a numb and muscle trapped like sensation in the left side of my jaw and carpal tunnel syndrome like numbness in my left hand and left fingers! Iv also developed a tremor which affects both arms and hands and is noticeable when holding things or outstretched hands!

Went to the neuro last week he said he doesn't think it's anything serious as I'm showing a lot of symptoms and passed the reflex and strength test he gave me, he said it's very very rare after an assessment and the tests he performed and with all the symptoms I have to be anything 'sinister'. I have an MRI on Wednesday on my head and neck. He thinks it's silent migraine with hyperexcitable nerves.

But now I'm having problems swallowing like it's a real task and like things arnt going down properly, like stuck or not the full mouthful has gone down and half is left and I have to swallow 3-4 times for it to feel gone!*

Surely all these symptoms have to be something more?*