PDA

View Full Version : Exercise and anxiety

melly_moo
01-03-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm trying to manage my anxiety with diet & exercise , most of my anxiety comes from me worrying about my weight. I'm overweight albeit 4 stone lighter than I used to be :) though now I've come to a stand still. I know I need to increase my exercising at the moment I just walk and when I'm feeling good I'd go to a keep fit group once a week , though I can't really give it my all because as soon as my heart rate increases I start panicking . Any advice ??

SunnieDebris
01-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Hey, melly-moo! My advice would be to learn a 5-minute meditation that can help reduce your heart rate. You may also want to try Valerian root, which also helps. However, the point of exercise is to get your heart rate up, and keep it up, that's how you burn calories. So, maybe just go at it in baby steps. Like get your heart rate up and stand it for 5 minutes, then bring it down again. You can add a minute or two every couple days to increase the length of your workout. Good for you for loosing weight and taking matters into your own hands. I've lost about 50# and need to loose another 50, but I'm stuck, too. Good luck!

melly_moo
01-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Thank you very much sunny :) will try that . Good luck to us with our journeys x

melly_moo
01-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Thank you forwells :)

JayB4231981
01-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Valerian root? What does that do?