PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like a bad mom :(

mellymel
01-03-2013, 10:14 AM
I feel like my ocd defines me as a mother. I always questioned myself, but now that my ocd has turned into this, whatever it is, I feel like I'm no good for my daughter. I compare myself to every other mom I know and wish I could be more like them: more patient, no crazy thoughts, at ease with motherhood, not wound up so tight, and just happy. I don't even know myself anymore.

sandyrdh1
01-03-2013, 10:22 AM
When your concerned like that it just shows you are a good mother:) don't question yourself. You baby loves you for you! We all go through this. I wish I had more energy and could take my daughter more places. I force myself to do that every so often. Anxiety is just a symptom. We have to fight it and sometimes go out of our comfort zone. That helps me to make myself do things and go places sometimes. If I sit here everyday I will have more anxiety. It seems when I get and I am anxious at the beginning but then it goes away when I see my daughter playing and having fun even if I feel like crap. Lol

Cara1989
01-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Oh love I haven't been leaving the house or anything therefor not doing anything with my son yesterday his dad left and he cried and cried and I broke down he doesn't cry like that for me I wish I was better not for me but for my baby he's my world tears me apart that I'm missing out on going out with him I feel like a piece of shit :(

trinidiva
01-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Just try baby steps. If you have a yard. Just take him out there for a bit. You sit down and let him run around. If you don't have a yard, just take a walk on your street. Point out things to him and get him talking. Dont feel terrible, just try to make small steps when you feel able too.
I try to make little steps when I can also....sometimes just going to the park or the mall is a big deal for me. I have picked up some local papers that advertise kid friendly activities and sometimes I take the kids to those. I wish too, that I didn't have this anxiety issue, it definitely holds me back from doing a lot of things with my kids.