PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why?

mellymel
01-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Ok so I'm trying to get hold of my insanely morbid violent thoughts and I seem to be doings ok I guess. I've done a lot of research on intrusive thoughts and harm ocd and knowing its common and that im not alone helps. But one thing I can't seem to find a solid answer on is WHY I have these thoughts about killing or hurting the people I love the most. Anyone else that has this issue know why and wanna share? It seems like the more knowledge I have the less fear I have from the thoughts so I really want to understand the reason why...

Cara1989
01-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Maybe you don't want those thoughts so baddd that they come in your head because you try so hard not to have them

mellymel
01-02-2013, 07:14 PM
I'll take either haha

dazza
01-03-2013, 06:58 AM
Ok so I'm trying to get hold of my insanely morbid violent thoughts and I seem to be doings ok I guess. I've done a lot of research on intrusive thoughts and harm ocd and knowing its common and that im not alone helps. But one thing I can't seem to find a solid answer on is WHY I have these thoughts about killing or hurting the people I love the most. Anyone else that has this issue know why and wanna share? It seems like the more knowledge I have the less fear I have from the thoughts so I really want to understand the reason why...

Similar can be said for all anxiety disorder sufferers really.

We all, every one of us, will overly obsess with what we most fear. It gets to a point where we cannot think of anything else.

For me, it was a heart attack. At my worst I could think of nothing else.
For eating disorders, sufferers will obsess about food.

etc.

mellymel
01-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Forwells, thank you. That explains a lot.

mellymel
01-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Dazza, your right, that makes sense.

dazza
01-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Dazza, your right, that makes sense.

Hey... i'm ALWAYS right...

... except for when I'm stupidly wrong. :-P

alankay
01-03-2013, 01:47 PM
At it's core at some level anxiety is negative thoughts(could be scary or unpleasant, etc, the details are not that important) that you ruminate upon(repeat). Over time they develop and the very nature of scary thoughts in an energetic, imaginitive mind can go to a more morbid or scary nature. "I'm scared, what could be worse, hurting someone"? "losing control" , "oh boy", etc, etc. The details don't matter(I know they do to you now). It's anxiety and it helps me a great deal to know when I think these things that it just anxiety and I know better. This is where ssri's help as they lessen the ruminations/worrying that fuels anxiety or even obsessions. Consider CBT as well. It's anxiety's little tactic. Alankay