PDA

View Full Version : Sedated MRI

sully0105
01-02-2013, 07:01 AM
I went in for an MRI about a week ago and when I laid down in the bed I got so scared I started to cry(long story short), anyways, in a couple of hours I'm going back in for a sedated one and I'm kinda scared of getting sedated because it will be the first time and I have no clue what it will be like! I think I'm just thinking I'm a lot more scared then I really am. Has anybody ever been knocked out for an operation or something? And if so can you tell me what it's like?

defmunel
01-02-2013, 08:19 AM
I was sedated for a d&c 3 weeks ago. You will be fine, and you'll feel more relaxed.

trinidiva
01-02-2013, 08:32 AM
I have been knocked out...for my first C Section. I honestly don't remember even going to sleep, and when I woke up, I felt very rested. You will be fine!!!!

alankay
01-02-2013, 08:38 AM
You will just feel sleepy and mellow.

SunnieDebris
01-02-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm getting sedated again for an endoscopy and sigmoidoscopy. I've had them before. You'll be fine. Just bring someone with you who can drive you home and take care of you for about 1/2 a day. Mostly, you will just sleep it off, but it's always benecial to have a friend there. I took my mother the first time. Never again. She complained that while I was under sedation I said something that embarrassed her. I acted like I didn't remember, but I did. They wanted to bring her into the recovery room with me, and I just stared yelling "no, no no". I guess maybe if I could trust her, that wouldn't have happened. This time, my wife is taking me.

Saldav
01-02-2013, 12:52 PM
I've been sedated for numerous surgeries, all your going to remember is waking up. You will be fine.

sully0105
01-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Hey guys! I'm fine haha all I remember is talking to the technician and waking up in the little room I was first in where they put in the IV, it was so strange! I can't remember falling asleep!

trinidiva
01-03-2013, 12:17 PM
See!!! Everything turned out fine!!!!!!

Saldav
01-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Hey guys! I'm fine haha all I remember is talking to the technician and waking up in the little room I was first in where they put in the IV, it was so strange! I can't remember falling asleep!

:)^^^^^^^^^^