PDA

View Full Version : Nocturnal panic attacks

abbyholmess
01-01-2013, 09:42 AM
For the past 3 nights I've been having 3-5 panic attacks wake me up in the middle of the night! I'm scared to sleep now, and I'm utterly exhausted. I don't know how to make this stop!

abbyholmess
01-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Does anyone else get nocturnal panic attacks?

temperancebrennan
01-01-2013, 02:40 PM
I get them too. It tires me out & makes me feel awful the next day. The only way I can calm myself from them is to take some rescue remedy, get a drink of water & look at funny things on the Internet for a bit.
I'm going to try a Clipper sleep aid tea tomorrow night & see if that helps me to sleep a night through. I will let you know if it works, it might be worth a shot for you. I hope you manage to sleep tonight.

sandyrdh1
01-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Does anyone else get nocturnal panic attacks?

What's that? Never heard of nocturnal panic attacks

angieproc1977
01-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Yes I do I sometimes get woken up by full blown paid attacks. I also find it hard to drift of cos the anxiety makes me have those jumpy dreams x

JayB4231981
01-02-2013, 11:57 PM
My anxiety is always worse at night, usually anywhere between 7pm-1am or so its become a vicious mental cycle that's kept it going I think.

abbyholmess
01-03-2013, 11:58 AM
I am now taking melatonin and drinking a chamomile tea before bed. My doctor upped my dose of trazedone. Still not a great sleep. I can get to sleep without much trouble, but still get woken up. Yesterday I tried just falling asleep in front of the tv and staying there all night cuz I'm irrationally afraid of going to "bed" now.

mw0929
01-03-2013, 12:03 PM
I am now taking melatonin and drinking a chamomile tea before bed. My doctor upped my dose of trazedone. Still not a great sleep. I can get to sleep without much trouble, but still get woken up. Yesterday I tried just falling asleep in front of the tv and staying there all night cuz I'm irrationally afraid of going to "bed" now.

I'm like that too. I cannot go to sleep without some kind of sleep aid. I miss a good nights sleep.

justconfused
01-03-2013, 12:15 PM

I can relate. I have slept on the couch quite alot lately because going to my bed at night just triggers loads of stuff.