PDA

View Full Version : Zyprexa, dizziness, dilated pupils

JussicaPark
01-01-2013, 06:05 AM
Has anyone ever used Zyprexa (Olanzipine) to combat anxiety/panic attack? I was prescribed these and I'm out of my oxazepam and have nothing to calm me down :( Also I have had VERY dilated pupils lately, it even freaked me out enough to go to the hospital. I took lexapro for two days but stopped because I felt terrible. I've been waking up anxious and I woke up this morning with a racing heart beat and what can only be described as 'head anxiety'. I took an ibuprofen because i had a sore arm (i think from laying on it) and an hour or so later I was sitting on the couch and got the biggest headspin ever, like Id just done a 360 degree turn, and then my back muscles twitch uncontrollably for about ten seconds. I have a drs appointment tomorrow so im holding in there but i just feel terrible :( any advice would be great, ive also been battling chest pains tonight :( so can someone please help? zyprexa for anxiety? ive been given it at the hospital before and they said its for agitation. Im kind of scared too take it :( ... I have been getting a strange achy pain in the top right part of my skull, is that were serotonin etc. is? because it hurts whenever i take my meds.. any advice would be great thankyou

JussicaPark
01-01-2013, 08:43 AM
PLEASE help me people! I have had a panic attack already tonight :( please help me, i am getting muscle twitches everywhere and i read that it could be an adverse reaction to zyprexa, people have died from this medication and i took it a few hours ago, im scared :(

acetone
01-01-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm using zyprexa 10 mg. When I went to an ophthalmologist he said my pupils were inflamed. Perhaps it was due to this drug. If you want to combat anxiety you must use an SSRI. You can either continue lexapro or switch to some other SSRI(zoloft, paxil, prozac etc). If you are getting very severe anxiety attacks you can also try benzos( be wary of addiction).

trinidiva
01-01-2013, 12:03 PM
You are stressing yourself out...is there a doctor/clinic you can call for advice?

JussicaPark
01-02-2013, 03:17 AM
I think it was the zyprexa too, I called a helpline last night and managed too feel a bit better, but it was so hard to fall asleep. Today my therapist is back so i got too see her which really helped, and i got 2 self help books, a relaxation CD and a journal. I also went to the doctors today. He prescribed me inderal10mg to tale 3 times a day. im kind of reluctant to try beta blockers especially while on benzos, he also refilled my oxazepam (thank god) and order full bloods so tomorrow im going for blood tests (yay). feeling a bit better, i felt like i had a pyschotic episode today. very scary. im not fully all there right now but im trying to keep really positive, and im trying to hold of until i take an oxazepam. thankyou for your responses :)