PDA

View Full Version : Can stress cause an anxiety attack

nicole123x
12-31-2012, 12:55 PM
If I was arguing with my boyfriend 5 hours a go and it got me really angry and upset, could this bring an anxious feeling, fast heart rate, short of breath tingling lips etc 5 hours later?

yasemin
12-31-2012, 12:59 PM
This to me sounds like acute Panik attack ... The tingling also means you are unconsciously hyperventilating

yasemin
12-31-2012, 01:00 PM
The answer is yes. I have been living with your symptoms and many more for over 3 years. And am currently under the treatment from a dr at Harley street

alankay
12-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Yes it can especially if you are predisposed to it. Alankay

star1234
12-31-2012, 01:05 PM
I started having anxiety and panic attacks three months ago when my mom passed. But my chest starts hurting now for any little reason. Even when I don't think I'm feeling anxious. Anything simple triggers it. It's learning to cope with it. It's scarey as hell but we have to take it one day at a time because tomorrow will come with its own set of problems. We have to live for the moment. If we have a good moment then we need to embrace it.

dazza
01-01-2013, 03:42 AM
If I was arguing with my boyfriend 5 hours a go and it got me really angry and upset, could this bring an anxious feeling, fast heart rate, short of breath tingling lips etc 5 hours later?

Yep... guaranteed if you have anxiety disorder.

Its quite shocking how the least bit of stress can start an attack.

I was fitting bathroom furniture (towel rail / mirror etc.) in the en-suite of my new house the other day & drilling into wall tiles always makes me a little nervous (thinkin maybe i'll crack the tile or drill into a wire or pipe behind) & i could feel tension building as i drilled... some months ago this would have prob. started a panic attack but now i just stop, take a breather, relax then start again when ready.

Its all about taking control of your nerves.

And in case youre wondering - the mirror & rail went up perfectly, lol

1Goofy1
01-01-2013, 06:28 AM
Dazza, I am the opposite of you. I love power tools and fixing things and especially demo of rooms. So empowering! LOL One of my stupid triggers is smoking. I only have a few a day but when I do all I can think about is how bad it is for me and I freak out.
This year I WILL quit again and start working out without freaking everytime I raise my heart rate.