PDA

View Full Version : I'm afraid there's something seriously wrong with my brain.

fabledtongues
12-31-2012, 06:38 AM
I feel like its really hard for me to type this because I'm not exactly sure how to explain what I'm experiencing.

I've been doing this weird thing when I sleep when I am falling asleep I fall into a dreamlike state and imagine myself in a scenario, like I watched storage wars the other night and my mind gave me the scenario of I was selling a storage unit and blah blah. Usually those scare me and I wake up and I know it wasn't real and I'm not an auctioneer or whatever.

But last night was totally different. I watched the lion king and went to bed afterwards. Of course my brain gave me the scenario of I being a lion and stuff. Well problem was, when I opened my eyes due to fear, I came to reality but I still believed I was a lion even when I was awake and looking around. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I could've sworn I was going crazy. I eventually went to sleep although I don't know how. I woke up this morning though from a very vivid dream which I've been having a lot of lately, and I thought it had actually happened which has never happened to me before. I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't stop thinking that the dream had actually happened. I am now awake and so scared.

I've been having this dull ache/mild pressure in one spot in my head all night. I've found I can't really communicate well anymore, I can't find the words to talk to my mom about it, not that I can't tell her I just feel like I can't even find words to tell her. Im having problems with talking, I'm having problems with my memory, and I'm having horrible derealization and depersonalization. I feel like these scenarios an dreams I am having are melding their way into my reality and I'm losing my mind. I'm scared I have some kind of brain tumor or blockage or something that's causing all of it. If its not something wrong with my brain, why am I believing I'm other people? I'm scared if this keeps happening I'm going to just lose control of my mind and I'll become what I see, and not know who I am. I'm so scared. If anyone could help or anything I'd appreciate it.

mellymel
12-31-2012, 08:03 AM
Maybe your just focusing on it too much. I have similar experiences that are very strange while falling asleep and waking up. Sometimes I will here things or see weird faces while I'm falling asleep and I jump up because its weird, then I worry about it a lot and it tends to happen again. If I don't pay attention to it it goes away. And when I'm really stressed I wake up seeing spiders and lines all over the walls and ceiling, even after I'm awake and my eyes are open. It fades after a few seconds but its still scary.

mw0929
12-31-2012, 08:40 AM
I feel like its really hard for me to type this because I'm not exactly sure how to explain what I'm experiencing.

I've been doing this weird thing when I sleep when I am falling asleep I fall into a dreamlike state and imagine myself in a scenario, like I watched storage wars the other night and my mind gave me the scenario of I was selling a storage unit and blah blah. Usually those scare me and I wake up and I know it wasn't real and I'm not an auctioneer or whatever.

But last night was totally different. I watched the lion king and went to bed afterwards. Of course my brain gave me the scenario of I being a lion and stuff. Well problem was, when I opened my eyes due to fear, I came to reality but I still believed I was a lion even when I was awake and looking around. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I could've sworn I was going crazy. I eventually went to sleep although I don't know how. I woke up this morning though from a very vivid dream which I've been having a lot of lately, and I thought it had actually happened which has never happened to me before. I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't stop thinking that the dream had actually happened. I am now awake and so scared.

I've been having this dull ache/mild pressure in one spot in my head all night. I've found I can't really communicate well anymore, I can't find the words to talk to my mom about it, not that I can't tell her I just feel like I can't even find words to tell her. Im having problems with talking, I'm having problems with my memory, and I'm having horrible derealization and depersonalization. I feel like these scenarios an dreams I am having are melding their way into my reality and I'm losing my mind. I'm scared I have some kind of brain tumor or blockage or something that's causing all of it. If its not something wrong with my brain, why am I believing I'm other people? I'm scared if this keeps happening I'm going to just lose control of my mind and I'll become what I see, and not know who I am. I'm so scared. If anyone could help or anything I'd appreciate it.

Have you tried going to sleep without watching tv before bed? If so do you still get those dreams?

fabledtongues
12-31-2012, 09:08 AM
Have you tried going to sleep without watching tv before bed? If so do you still get those dreams?

I have, but my mind just gives me something from a couple days ago or makes something up. I can't escape it.

aidendean
12-31-2012, 09:52 AM
I love storage wars!, serious mate I get the same thing, don't worry yourself about it!

anxiousmal
12-31-2012, 12:55 PM
I have had similar things happen, most when I have been well and fit as a fiddle. I would of thought it was nothing to worry about. But it may set your mind at ease if you spoke to your mum or doctor.

Seriously dont worry about it, everyone has weird dream shit. Ask anyone and they will give you a story.

fabledtongues
12-31-2012, 01:56 PM
I have had similar things happen, most when I have been well and fit as a fiddle. I would of thought it was nothing to worry about. But it may set your mind at ease if you spoke to your mum or doctor.

Seriously dont worry about it, everyone has weird dream shit. Ask anyone and they will give you a story.

I know everyone has weird dream stuff but this is more than that. I literally start to believe I'm a given person, etc. when I wake up I don't know what to believe. I get such bad derealization I have a hard time distinguishing dreams from reality. When I'm like this, I feel like I'm not in control of my mind and I don't know how or even if I can stop worrying over it.

anxiousmal
12-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Well from what I've read of your post, it seems to be more anxiety related than you going crazy, or it being a brain tumor. Crazy people generally dont recognise they are going crazy or are crazy. Brain tumors are generally an old persons thing. If I were you, I would speak to someone who can help, like a doctor or your mum. That's what they are there for.

SunnieDebris
12-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Have you ever heard of lucid dreaming? It's a technique you can learn to give yourself more control of what you dream.

fabledtongues
12-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Well from what I've read of your post, it seems to be more anxiety related than you going crazy, or it being a brain tumor. Crazy people generally dont recognise they are going crazy or are crazy. Brain tumors are generally an old persons thing. If I were you, I would speak to someone who can help, like a doctor or your mum. That's what they are there for.

Thanks, that made me feel better. I just don't know how to tell myself it's not real when it happens I guess.