PDA

View Full Version : Hello there

Cloudwife
12-30-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm Chanel and I'm new to the forum. I'm going to try and be as honest as possible on here. So here goes... I've been dealing with constant fear and anxiety my whole short life. I'm depressed and just recently stopped taking my medication(Lexapro). Though I sometimes still take my anti-psychotic(Abilify). They say I have schizophrenic tendencies as well. I also have violent mood swings. I have problems staying motivated, keeping organized, staying focused and much more. I came here to try and find people like me. So far everyone seems so understanding and very insightful. I'm really excited to start posting and replying.

alankay
12-30-2012, 07:28 AM
Cloud, any mention of bipolar? Just schizophrenic tendencies? Getting the proper "core" or main illness is key as proper treatment of the main disorder will often lessen related anxieties. Alankay

Cloudwife
12-30-2012, 07:56 AM
no mention of bipolar but my last therapist did question me about my sensitivity to light and sound (I'm sensitive to both) if that means anything

SunnieDebris
12-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Welcome, Chanel, I'm glad you found us! It sounds like you have quite a bit going on. I will tell you that I have Borderline Personality Disorder and an anger problem, so we have some things in common. My mother in law is schizophrenic and my wife has Dissociative Identity Disorder. You are definitely not alone! Why did you stop taking your meds?

Cloudwife
12-30-2012, 03:52 PM
I stopped taking them because they made me hungry all the time and I gained A LOT of weight from them. Which fed my depression :/