PDA

View Full Version : Unwell & wanting to be better

krisp
12-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Hey all,

this is my first post here...but here's a brief rundown--I've always had anxiety related to my health (as a lot of us do) and after pursuing multiple leads, ended up finding out I had a paraganglioma and had surgery to remove it a few years ago.

Fast forward to now and found out that I have a hemangioma on my liver (not serious, quite common actually) and no action has to be taken. This has spurred me on...and when I began my search for "something else to be wrong" before I was diagnosed w/ hemangioma, I was sure there was something in my lungs (they always rattle--nothing there)...my one leg has felt heavier off and on for the past few months, and over the past few months have been seeing *bright* flashes of light, every. day. Sometimes up to 20x a day. I have migraines, yes, and my neurologist said these could be ocular migraines and that was the end of that & put me on a low dose of celexa for anxiety. My GP seems unconcerned. I have had a CT on my head after some bouts w/ intense vertigo & migraines a few years back.

Today I have felt nauseous all day to the point where I cant eat anything. I had a moment of "eek" a migraine happening this am so took imitrex and have felt bad all day. Naturally I assume the nausea and the flashes of light go together and there is something neurologically wrong with me, my WORST fear. Aye.

Someone please tell me I'm overreacting. I feel sick to my stomach not only physically but also emotionally, I'm tired of going through this rigamaroll. I don't want to spend the $ again for another CT or MRI (since I literally just had one of each in oct & nov for the hemangioma). I feel like there is always something wrong with me, even though I have only ever had one serious thing happen. Can't I just let nausea be nausea and not a brain tumor?

Advice please.