PDA

View Full Version : Found out I am pregnant - suffer from GAD and Panic disorder

captainkitty
12-29-2012, 07:57 AM
I've been battling with severe anxiety and panic attacks for years now. Some months are better than others however these past 4 months have been terrible. I haven't been able to leave my house, I am unable to do simple tasks now without having anxiety through the roof. With all this I have now found out I am pregnant and I am utterly terrified. I was about to start taking clonazepam (it helped in the past) and now I do not have that option. It scares me because it was sort of like a comfort blanket although I never needed to take it. however now that I am pregnant and know I won't be able to have anything to help really scares me. I really don't know what I am going to do. I already have high anxiety I can't imagine a whole 9 months like this. It still very early so anything can happen but I need to prepare for the future..Has anyone gone through this? I really need some help.

defmunel
12-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Oh Hun, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I was just there. Unfortunately mine ended in miscarriage at 9 weeks. Sad to say it, but that miscarriage was an answer to prayer. I wasn't ready to be pregnant again. I suffer from health anxiety and specifically my heart rate. It's always fast. Has been since I delivered my first baby. I was fearful that my body wouldn't be able to carry a child. When I miscarried, I felt this HUGE weight lift from me. I had the same frustrations as you. I would take Xanax as needed, and now it wasn't an option. My heart was racing constantly and faster. Every dr told me that your heart beats faster when pregnant. I couldn't and wouldn't believe them. I was desperate for some medication, but couldn't take any. Every dr answer was "sorry, we can't help you, your pregnant". now that im not preg anymore, I'm taking this time to get all my cardio tests done, ive spoken heart to heart with my obgyn. I'm journaling now. Especially my symptoms when I'm preg vs when I'm not. And also cbt. I'm not sure what your anxieties are. Health, pregnancy? What scares you? Worries you? Please pm me anytime. I've been there, and will be there again because I want to get preg again. Id love to help if I can.

Def

anxietygirl143
12-29-2012, 08:31 AM
I've been battling with severe anxiety and panic attacks for years now. Some months are better than others however these past 4 months have been terrible. I haven't been able to leave my house, I am unable to do simple tasks now without having anxiety through the roof. With all this I have now found out I am pregnant and I am utterly terrified. I was about to start taking clonazepam (it helped in the past) and now I do not have that option. It scares me because it was sort of like a comfort blanket although I never needed to take it. however now that I am pregnant and know I won't be able to have anything to help really scares me. I really don't know what I am going to do. I already have high anxiety I can't imagine a whole 9 months like this. It still very early so anything can happen but I need to prepare for the future..Has anyone gone through this? I really need some help.

U will be fine I went through the same exact thing I had low or fast heart rate or skipping n I was terrified I used to say imma die in labor & guess wat I didn't my heart didn't go up or anything ..plus I had no epidural u will just be fine :) doctors know wat to do ., :) plus trust me wen labor comes u won't even b anxious

anxietygirl143
12-29-2012, 08:32 AM

& I suffer from bad anxiety n panic .. While u are pregnant u can drink a pill for it ask ur obgyn cause I did :)

defmunel
12-29-2012, 08:47 AM
My ob said I can take celexa

Cara1989
12-29-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm 35 weeks pregnant today and suffering from panic attacks I can't leave the house without panicing I also had this with my first child but I think this one is a lot worse I have trouble taking a shower by myself being alone my panic is so bad plus I slipped into a depression I feel like I'm never gonna get better but this website has made me realize I'm not alone I'm not going crazy and there is hope just know that your not alone my doctor has prescribed me vistaril I haven't took them yet to scaRed too but it was my regular doctor my ob would not prescribe me anything everytime I go to my ob I panic last time I ran out of the office I don't know what to do but your not alone! But I got through it with my first one so we can do it if u wanna talk feel free to message me

captainkitty
12-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Well unfortunately I can't send PM's to anyone since I need to have 10 posts or more. Thanks for the replies though.
I want to be able to cope throughout this pregnancy but if worst comes to worst I may have to get on anti-depressants. There was a lot going on before finding out I was pregnant so it is very difficult for me right now.