PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Taking Over My Life!

Brownskinlady92
12-29-2012, 03:46 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site. I have been battle with anxiety from the age of 13. It's been taking control of me. When I'm in public I seem so uncomfortable because I feel as if I'm being watched or judged by people who don't even know me. I'm very scared of getting into eye contact with people. When I'm on the train or bus I find myself closing my eyes. It takes me away from reality. I sometimes find myself being very anti social. I don't have much friends. And my anxiety is effecting my progress in college. I'm trying to push myself. This is hard.

trinidiva
12-29-2012, 06:01 AM
Hello!!! Yes, anxiety can definitely do the things you have described. Have you tried speaking to a therapist or just your doctor in general? They can start you on a recovery path, trust me. Sounds like social anxiety... One thing is for sure though, you should look into getting help with this sooner rather than later so if doesn't continue to effect your daily life and your schoolwork.

raggamuffin
12-29-2012, 06:04 AM
I second that, look into therapy (especially CBT). Also try and go out more with the friends you have. The more you get involved in social situations the more confidence you'll build up towards being outside amongst people etc.

Ed

SunnieDebris
12-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site. I have been battle with anxiety from the age of 13. It's been taking control of me. When I'm in public I seem so uncomfortable because I feel as if I'm being watched or judged by people who don't even know me. I'm very scared of getting into eye contact with people. When I'm on the train or bus I find myself closing my eyes. It takes me away from reality. I sometimes find myself being very anti social. I don't have much friends. And my anxiety is effecting my progress in college. I'm trying to push myself. This is hard.

So, if my math is right, you're 20 years old now. Seven years is a long time to suffer. It sounds like interacting with people is very draining for you, and that maybe you're getting your fill in college classes, and have no mental energy left for others. Getting checked out by a medical doctor is a good first step. Be honest with how you're feeling, and how it affects you. Your doctor is your ally, and wants to help. You're worth it!

Brownskinlady92
12-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Thank you all so much! I will get started on meeting with my doctor and a therapist! I will also continue trying to go out more with my close friends. It feels good to know that I'm not alone and everyone understands me well. Thank you to all!