PDA

View Full Version : My story

Mrs_H
12-28-2012, 03:53 PM
I've had anxiety and panic attacks since November 2010, It triggered my an inner ear infection which caused me to be extremely dizzy to the point I thought I was going to pass out. It took me a long time to accept It was anxiety and I became a recluse in my own home for 18 months.

I'm now on venlaflaxine 75mg which I take every day. I'm working full time now and I've really done well considering how bad I was.

But lately I feel like I've taken a step back again, do these blips happen? Wasn't that long ago I was thinking of coming of the tablets but now I'm relying on them more than ever.

Thanks for reading.

temperancebrennan
12-28-2012, 05:57 PM
In my experience the blips can happen & it's so unfortunate when they do. Just when you feel you're better, it comes back. It happened to me earlier this year also.
If the medication is helping then it's probably best to stay on it for now. Have you spoken to your doctor about CBT? That's what I'm going to be looking in to next. My friend is studying it at the moment (she's training to be a mental health nurse) & she says it's brilliant for anxiety & can change how someone thinks.

Mrs_H
12-28-2012, 06:14 PM
My doctors never mentioned CBT, he sent me to a councillor but it wasn't for me tbh.

How does cbt work? Is it one to one? Any information on it would be great.

Thank you x

Cara1989
12-28-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm curious as to what it is also

j2005
12-28-2012, 08:46 PM
CBT is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I use it in my counseling sessions with others. The concept is to help you reframe the way you think about a problem. When you think differently, you behave differently. This is why it is effective with anxiety. If you think differently about physical symptoms, etc you react differently. If I believe there I'd nothing wrong with me, I won't panic. Sometimes, you have to change your mind, to change your physical reaction.

--James

LeslieJoy
12-29-2012, 12:47 PM
I am very interested in this CBT. I am going to try to find some information on it. Thank you!

Mrs_H
12-29-2012, 12:52 PM
I will make an appointment with my doctor and discuss it with him. Thank you.

red1980
12-29-2012, 02:03 PM
I had CBT last year and it really helped, basically texting your negative theories and proving them wrong slowly, unfortunately I have had really bad anxiety again this year but going back over the CBT has helped control it, I have also been told I am low on vitamin d which can contribute to anxiety and depression and since taking supplements I have seen a big improvement , really hoping things continue to improve , I definitely recommend the CBT and maybe a full blood test making sure your doctor tests for deficiencies especially vit d , x

alankay
12-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Yep, anxiety can spike and fall. Happens. Alankay

Mrs_H
12-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks. Hoping I get back on track ASAP. This is my first blip it's set me back

LeslieJoy
12-29-2012, 02:36 PM
I have been on extra Vitamin D for about 5 years.

sandyrdh1
12-29-2012, 02:37 PM
I had CBT last year and it really helped, basically texting your negative theories and proving them wrong slowly, unfortunately I have had really bad anxiety again this year but going back over the CBT has helped control it, I have also been told I am low on vitamin d which can contribute to anxiety and depression and since taking supplements I have seen a big improvement , really hoping things continue to improve , I definitely recommend the CBT and maybe a full blood test making sure your doctor tests for deficiencies especially vit d , x

Do you take d3 and how much? And what's x?

sandyrdh1
12-29-2012, 02:38 PM
I have been on extra Vitamin D for about 5 years.

Do you just take the supplement d. Is it d3 and how much do you take? Do you take any other supplements?

LeslieJoy
12-29-2012, 02:53 PM
I take 2,000 units of Vit D3 once a day. I actually have quite a few medical issues that I am dealing with right now, so I am on 18 different medications each day. Vit B12, B2, multivitamin, just to name a few of the supplements.

sandyrdh1
12-29-2012, 03:05 PM
I take 2,000 units of Vit D3 once a day. I actually have quite a few medical issues that I am dealing with right now, so I am on 18 different medications each day. Vit B12, B2, multivitamin, just to name a few of the supplements.

Someone told me to take 5000 d3 a day. Is 2000 enough?

LeslieJoy
12-29-2012, 03:36 PM
I was on 5,000 units a day at first, then my levels improved so I was reduced to 2,000 units. if you are very low 5,000 is pretty normal till you level off.