PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol and anxiety

nicole123x
12-28-2012, 01:47 PM
I used to enjoy having a drink now and again, but ever since my anxiety I daren't drink and let my hair down is this normal!?

sesler
12-28-2012, 01:51 PM
I feel the same way. I love wine, but I get very anxious after one glass.

Cara1989
12-28-2012, 01:52 PM
I have anxiety when I drink I think its gonna mess with my heart but I use to party all the time I am a mess I haven't fixed my hair or wore makeup in so long :/

nicole123x
12-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks for your replies,
I can totally relate its awful I can't even have a glass on Christmas and enjoy myself because I'm just so anxious and daren't drink anymore! This is weird I miss my whole life anxiety sucks

temperancebrennan
12-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Having a few beers is the only thing I've found that actually stops my anxiety. Although, if I have a few too many then it's worse the next day.

Cara1989
12-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks for your replies,
I can totally relate its awful I can't even have a glass on Christmas and enjoy myself because I'm just so anxious and daren't drink anymore! This is weird I miss my whole life anxiety sucks

Yes it sucks exspecially on the holidays :(

nicole123x
12-28-2012, 02:04 PM
My life just Isn't the same anymore, from down to drinking alcohol to going to the town shopping !

dazza
12-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Having a few beers is the only thing I've found that actually stops my anxiety. Although, if I have a few too many then it's worse the next day.

Here here :-)

I'm me again after 6 pints!

Its really nice to be wobbling all over the joint & not give a f**** about anxiety & symptoms.

jhunter89
12-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Here here :-)

I'm me again after 6 pints!

Its really nice to be wobbling all over the joint & not give a f**** about anxiety & symptoms.

I'll drink to that :)

nicole123x
12-28-2012, 04:11 PM
I wish I was the same dazza lol! Long time no speak how are you

Skizo
12-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Alcohol... a few beers messes me up for months!!! I will never drink again.... I am still messed up and twitching after the last time about a month ago.. it gradually gets better but never again.. Next time I feel anxiety free again (it may take months now) When I am drunk I dont feel so bad tho.......... but I will refrain from drinking even tho my life used to consist of drinking and partying..... its rly fucked up.... all my friend go out drinking and I just stay home and masturbate. I have been drinking since I was 12 years old and now my anxiety wont let me drink at all any more... this is like taking away my entire social life.

I will have to do some soul searching and figure out how life without alcohol is possible, especially in this place (eastern europe).

alankay
12-28-2012, 04:39 PM
I'll have another. :)
If I keep it to 3 or 4 beers I have no issues. If I get a good beer buzz the next day I will be jumpy but that fades and is a part of the low gaba from alcohol. Moderate until your feeling better. Alankay

mw0929
12-28-2012, 04:49 PM
You guys are making me thirsty!

temperancebrennan
12-28-2012, 04:57 PM
I felt shit all day, had 3 beers & now I feel fine. It works every time.
I know self medicating with alcohol is not the ideal thing to do, but it's so delicious & it works for me. Haha.

aidendean
12-28-2012, 05:17 PM
As temperance said, I find drinking a few makes me alot calmer and more sociable :) but I get extreme hangovers now :/

temperancebrennan
12-28-2012, 05:24 PM
As temperance said, I find drinking a few makes me alot calmer and more sociable :) but I get extreme hangovers now :/

Oh dear, even after just a few? :(
Hanover attacks are the absolute worst. I think there's something out that you take before you have a drink that's meant to stop hangovers! Let's find it!