PDA

View Full Version : 8 f#%king months..

Shepard
12-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Blegh..

dizzy, short of breath, lightheaded, chest pain, nausea, heart pounding, palps, weak legs, feel like fainting but never do, health anxiety..for 8 months now. Maybe 2 or 3 days of relief in it all.

Weaned off of ativan, been off for 2.5 weeks now, no panic attacks in over 3 months, but constant physical symptoms.

2 clean EKGs, 2 perfect blood tests( blood type B+, HA!) why can't I get past the fear of this being something heart related? I feel like one week I'm ok with the symptoms and am able to tell myself its anxiety, one week I'm worrying about this being a heart problem. I was OK day yesterday, but tonight I feel icky..woozy, nauseous, feel like I can't get a deep satisfying breath at times, eyes are fuzzy..ugh.

I try to tell myself if it were a heart problem, it would be very much obvious after 8 months and would be progressively getting worse..but it doesn't seem to sink in, kind of an in one ear out the other thing..

Skizo
12-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Ive had something similar...... Also for over 8 months..... A lot of exercise should help eventually. Also it takes months before the AD is fully out of your body.

sandyrdh1
12-26-2012, 05:52 PM
I get a lot of those physical symptoms also. Right now I am feeling tired, week legs, nausea, body aches etc but I am calm. It's crazy how anxiety works. I have skipping heart beats everyday. Even if I am relaxed. Some days are few and other days I have them almost all day and night. They say after all the heart test I am fine and there PVC's. I am ok with that until they start up strong and last for hours. Then in my mind I'm thinking there has got to be something wrong. But I am still here:)

Shepard
12-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I'm feeling pretty calm as well, but still woozy and nauseous..sigh.

I even went through a couple months of only having symptoms every night at 7pm..0.0

sandyrdh1
12-26-2012, 06:19 PM
I think we expect and are looking for the symptoms to start. You say yours were at 7 so when it gets close to 7 you start waiting to see if its going to happen and creat it. I do the same thing. I get a lot of my anxiety at night before I go to bed because that is where my first panic attack happened. So now when it gets close for bed I start thinking if it will happen again and I creat it:(

mw0929
12-26-2012, 06:30 PM
I think we expect and are looking for the symptoms to start. You say yours were at 7 so when it gets close to 7 you start waiting to see if its going to happen and creat it. I do the same thing. I get a lot of my anxiety at night before I go to bed because that is where my first panic attack happened. So now when it gets close for bed I start thinking if it will happen again and I creat it:(

This is so true. My symptoms are usually worst before I go to bed and right when I get up. I know it's because I'm expecting them to show up. Needless to say I dread those times of the day.

Shepard
12-26-2012, 06:43 PM

Yes, I agree. This all started at night for me as well, after a week of intense stress. Felt my heart racing and left arm went a little numb..I panicked, then became afraid of what I felt, and it spiraled into this BS.

sandyrdh1
12-26-2012, 07:02 PM
See I have done really better today. Only had a few skipping heart beats but right now its getting closer for me to lay down and my palps are already starting. I hate it! I just wish they would go away. I have had them everyday since July this year:(

sesler
12-26-2012, 08:18 PM
I know the feeling. I start panicking right before bed.

Shepard
12-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Not much better today, no dizziness, nausea or any of that other bull..just short of breath all day, few times felt I was going to stop breathing and drop dead, lol.

Fuck you, anxiety. Fuck you.

mw0929
12-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Not much better today, no dizziness, nausea or any of that other bull..just short of breath all day, few times felt I was going to stop breathing and drop dead, lol.

Fuck you, anxiety. Fuck you.

Couldn't agree more....anxiety pisses me off. Do you get shortness of breath with activity or does even sitting make you feel like your having breathing trouble. I constantly feel like I need to take a deep breath. It's become quite a nuisance.

Shepard
12-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Couldn't agree more....anxiety pisses me off. Do you get shortness of breath with activity or does even sitting make you feel like your having breathing trouble. I constantly feel like I need to take a deep breath. It's become quite a nuisance.

Its just about the same whether I'm sitting, walking, etc. sometimes a little better after some walking. Right now I'm laying down, listening to some good uplifting Christian music, and I feel like I just ran up 5 flights of stairs.

mw0929
12-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Its just about the same whether I'm sitting, walking, etc. sometimes a little better after some walking. Right now I'm laying down, listening to some good uplifting Christian music, and I feel like I just ran up 5 flights of stairs.

Well I'm right there with you. I'm laying in bed watching tv trying to not lose my mind over my breathing. It's driving me crazy.

JayB4231981
12-27-2012, 10:27 PM
I keep having this issue where it feels like a hiccup but instead its like I cant breathe for a moment and get the wind out of me a lil it freaks me out.

Shepard
12-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Sounds like a heart flutter/palpitation.

pindi
12-28-2012, 06:29 AM
hi ive just joined this forum and read your blog its like i have written it myself i have the exact feelings for just over a year its affected my job been off 4 months just returned for 8 weeks and was doing ok then out of no where anxiety kicked in and im off work again im like you i think i have a bad heart i worry consantly about it from when i wake untill i go to bed thinkingis this the day im gonna die of a heart attack i had 3 ecg!s in 1 day and they were normal i just dont undertand why i keep thinking i have a bad heart even if i have headache i think its my heart like you i think after a year i would know by now if it was deep down i know its anxiety but my ind wont let me belive it so my daily life is consumed with this crazy thinking i might have a few days when i can be normal but then the thoughs start and im back to the heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a life hope we can get over this one day and enjoy what is left of my time on this earth