PDA

View Full Version : Hi

babygirl
12-26-2012, 04:49 AM
Hi I'm new here and hope to make friends and not be judged

I'm so alone and would love to find a friend that can help me and give me advice

Professional help I can't get due to expense

alankay
12-26-2012, 04:59 AM
Howde and welcome! In what way are you anxious?
Alankay.

babygirl
12-26-2012, 05:09 AM
Hi there

I'm unhappy depressed and have nobody to talk to to let my issues out

mary66
12-26-2012, 06:54 AM
I would be happy to hear you and help. I too feel very much like you do and support is so important. Please don't keep everything bottled up inside. There are so many nice people on here who understand and are willing to listen.

mw0929
12-26-2012, 07:12 AM
Hello and welcome! You have come to the right place. Feel free to share your concerns. :)

ally
12-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Hi I'm also new and suffering from terrible anxiety and depression, I'm now taking mirtzapine and infadol as well as Valium, seeing a psychiatrist this Friday, my life feels horrible, I've 3 children and a husband who are struggling with this, I'm so scared, had episodes before but not really addressed them, was on citalopram till 2 days ago for 5 years, these new meds are making me feel very strange, all my symptoms point towards anxiety but I constantly worry its more serious, awaiting blood tests, I've little appetite as I feel so nauseous all the time, lost over stone, I'm very scared and can't see a way forward, has anyone else's experienced these medications and symptoms? ally x

sandyrdh1
12-26-2012, 10:13 AM
I took Zoloft years ago and had so many bad side effects they took me off. Tried others but had the same effect on me so I can not take any of those:( so I only take clonopan to help refuse my anxiety. Just keep an eye on the med and if you start feeling worse let the doctor know. They kept upping my dose saying its gonna take more and at least 4 weeks to start working but I could not stop having attacks. The attacks were soooo much worse on the meds.

mary66
12-26-2012, 12:17 PM
I had similar reactions to meds. They made me feel horrible. Everybody reacts differently. All I can take is xanax. small dosages to help me sleep at night when my mind goes on overload. Its hard to fight depression when your body cant handle the medications. I find it hard to eat when I'm stressed as well,But I do my best everyday to get by.

babygirl
12-26-2012, 02:31 PM
I use to be on lexapro but now I'm on Effexor it's ok but my thoughts never stop and I still have episodes of sucide which I won't do. How do you control your thoughts when you also have family issues that don't help too

SunnieDebris
12-26-2012, 03:12 PM
I use to be on lexapro but now I'm on Effexor it's ok but my thoughts never stop and I still have episodes of sucide which I won't do. How do you control your thoughts when you also have family issues that don't help too

Hey there, and welcome! I think you will find this a good place to let out your worries without being judged. It's hard to manage anxiety, and especially hard to manage it when the reasons behind our anxiety get bad. I think that you can't actually control your thoughts an feelings, but what you can do is control your responses to those stimuli. Have you ever tried meditation or guided imagery exercises?

babygirl
12-26-2012, 03:43 PM
I haven't heard to much about them