PDA

View Full Version : zoloft/sertraline

Saldav
12-26-2012, 01:18 AM
I've been on sertraline generic for Zoloft for over 10 years, from 50mg to 100mg to now for the past year 200mg. My question is after so many years of taking Zoloft will it stop working, I feel like its not working for me anymore, been depressed for months with a lot of anxiety. Usually when I get a anxiety attack the episodes would last several weeks and sometimes months. But little by little the symptoms would go away. Now I've been feeling anxiety 24/7 and depressed, I feel very out of place, not normal, very weird feeling of not wanting to be home but yet wanting to be home like if I'm just waiting for the day to end so I could sleep. On my days off I can't just sleep in even if I'm real tired and sleepy, as soon as I wake up my anxiety kicks in. Does anyone else feel this way, and if I have to change my meds what would you guys recommend? I just want to be myself again! Normal! I have kids and a wife that need me. I want to be real not fake with my emotions. I don't want to pretend I'm happy just to convinced my peers that I'm ok. Thank you guys! Sorry for my rambling.

NativeLady_2010
12-26-2012, 01:46 AM
I'm in the completely SAME boat. I'm on effexor, 75 mg 2x a day. From morning till night my anxiety is a roller coster, a panic attack can go up and down and flare up whenever. Sorry I'm not any help :(. I'm looking for answers too. I know how frustrating this is. You are defiantly not alone. Your in my prayers. If I find a good comment I will post it for you.

Saldav
12-26-2012, 02:15 AM
I'm in the completely SAME boat. I'm on effexor, 75 mg 2x a day. From morning till night my anxiety is a roller coster, a panic attack can go up and down and flare up whenever. Sorry I'm not any help :(. I'm looking for answers too. I know how frustrating this is. You are defiantly not alone. Your in my prayers. If I find a good comment I will post it for you.

Thank you we in gods hands

PanicCured
12-26-2012, 04:38 AM
Medication can't cure you. In 10 years you should have been working on healing yourself instead of relying on medication. You could have taken meds so you could heal yourself naturally, then get off the meds, but instead you raised the dosage. Sorry, but this is not the best way to deal with this. The doctor will probably raise your dose. The time to heal yourself is NOW! Do every non-drug from of therapy for your anxiety and depression you can possibly do, including very determined to change certain habits and thinking patterns. Read my Techniques thread above and you can see how I cured my anxiety. Hopefully it will inspire you to take a similar path. If you ever get off the Zoloft, you MUST taper off very slowly regardless of any doctor telling you its non addictive. It needs to be tapered slowly. You are on a chemical fro 10 years every day, so it shouldn't be a surprise you feel like crap.
you have to get on the healing path. You are not walking the healing path. You are walking the medical path which is simply tranquilizing you and pushing the root problems to the side. You can be 100% better, but it takes a strong will and courage. You have to keep moving forward and not looking back. You have to have a goal and do every necessary step to get to that goal. Understand that curing yourself means med free and you actually healed yourself. It can be done but not if you go from one drug to the next. You have to stand up and say "I'm going to do it no matter what t takes!"

Many people here will tell you the same thing.

Good luck!

SunnieDebris
12-26-2012, 01:46 PM
I've been on sertraline generic for Zoloft for over 10 years, from 50mg to 100mg to now for the past year 200mg. My question is after so many years of taking Zoloft will it stop working, I feel like its not working for me anymore, been depressed for months with a lot of anxiety. Usually when I get a anxiety attack the episodes would last several weeks and sometimes months. But little by little the symptoms would go away. Now I've been feeling anxiety 24/7 and depressed, I feel very out of place, not normal, very weird feeling of not wanting to be home but yet wanting to be home like if I'm just waiting for the day to end so I could sleep. On my days off I can't just sleep in even if I'm real tired and sleepy, as soon as I wake up my anxiety kicks in. Does anyone else feel this way, and if I have to change my meds what would you guys recommend? I just want to be myself again! Normal! I have kids and a wife that need me. I want to be real not fake with my emotions. I don't want to pretend I'm happy just to convinced my peers that I'm ok. Thank you guys! Sorry for my rambling.

Hey there! My wife takes Zoloft, and she told me ages ago that Zoloft can suddenly stop working for some reason, whether your body gets used to it, or what, I'm not sure, but if that can happen with Zoloft, I'm guessing it can happen with any of them. My advice would be to go to your doctor and talk about your options. If possible, get referred to a psychiatrist, who specializes in psychotropic drugs. You will most likely have to wean off the Zoloft and start on a new antidepressant. Don't be discouraged by this, there are other options out there. Good luck to you both!

Saldav
12-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Medication can't cure you. In 10 years you should have been working on healing yourself instead of relying on medication. You could have taken meds so you could heal yourself naturally, then get off the meds, but instead you raised the dosage. Sorry, but this is not the best way to deal with this. The doctor will probably raise your dose. The time to heal yourself is NOW! Do every non-drug from of therapy for your anxiety and depression you can possibly do, including very determined to change certain habits and thinking patterns. Read my Techniques thread above and you can see how I cured my anxiety. Hopefully it will inspire you to take a similar path. If you ever get off the Zoloft, you MUST taper off very slowly regardless of any doctor telling you its non addictive. It needs to be tapered slowly. You are on a chemical fro 10 years every day, so it shouldn't be a surprise you feel like crap.
you have to get on the healing path. You are not walking the healing path. You are walking the medical path which is simply tranquilizing you and pushing the root problems to the side. You can be 100% better, but it takes a strong will and courage. You have to keep moving forward and not looking back. You have to have a goal and do every necessary step to get to that goal. Understand that curing yourself means med free and you actually healed yourself. It can be done but not if you go from one drug to the next. You have to stand up and say "I'm going to do it no matter what t takes!"

Many people here will tell you the same thing.

Good luck!
@panicured
Where would I find your thread