PDA

View Full Version : Doing it again

sesler
12-25-2012, 04:38 AM
Ever since my panic attack the other day I have had palpitations. I find myself checking pulse regularly and the chest pain is bothersome. I know there is nothing wrong with my heart because I have been to two cardiologist and my test results were normal. I'm so emotional right now and everything makes e cry. I so want my normal life back.

SunnieDebris
12-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Hey, Sesler. I'm sorry that you're going through such a rough time. What are you doing to cope now? Are you on medications or in therapy? Have you ever tried meditation or breathing exercises?

sesler
12-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I have been on Wellbutrin for a while, but I'm going back to the dr. Because I feel like its not working anymore. I also have Xanax and try to take it only when I need it. I also want to talk to my dr. about some type of therapy. I can go a couple of weeks and feel normal, then all of sudden I go into anxiety mode. I'm not really sure what type of breathing or relaxation techniques to try. Other than telling myself I'm just having an attack and it will get better. Any suggestions?

SunnieDebris
12-25-2012, 10:44 PM
There are several breathing exercises or mindfulness meditation exercises on YouTube, or there are apps available as well. The idea is that you practice them by taking out 5-10 minutes per day and practice them while you are as calm as possible. Once you do them a few times, you will be able to do them while stressed or anxious, leading you to become more calm and be able to exercise more control over your reaction to the stressful situation.