PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this?

lady-d73
12-23-2012, 07:26 AM
I have burning under my skin in my upper arms and the bottom of my feet. What is this? Is it anxiety related or something else?

nicole123x
12-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Hi I get burning sensations on my left arm if that helps.... That's anxiety x

kasiejuhnay
12-23-2012, 09:32 AM
I get that too. It's anxiety

lady-d73
12-23-2012, 09:49 AM
I think that its so weird, i use to think anxiety was just getting nervous. Ive had anxiety ever since i was in a really bad accident at age 15. But nothing like i have had this past year. My body has went through so many changes with anxiety and panic symptoms that i would question myself as to what was wrong with me. Ive had every test possible and everything comes back normal. Im just learning different techinques on how to cope with all the different anxiety symptoms. If you have any techniques to share it would be great. Thank you.

dazza
12-23-2012, 10:35 AM
I think that its so weird, i use to think anxiety was just getting nervous. Ive had anxiety ever since i was in a really bad accident at age 15. But nothing like i have had this past year. My body has went through so many changes with anxiety and panic symptoms that i would question myself as to what was wrong with me. Ive had every test possible and everything comes back normal. Im just learning different techinques on how to cope with all the different anxiety symptoms. If you have any techniques to share it would be great. Thank you.

I find getting in the washing machine & running a 90 degC cycle helps.
You get a bit dizzy but come out fully refreshed & smelling of lenor.

jhunter89
12-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Burns a bit though

lady-d73
12-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Why be on this site if your not serious about giving advice. Like alot of people on here, im taking it one day at a time. Alot of the things that people say has an great impact on ones life. So please if you cant say anything positive, please dont respond...

lady-d73
12-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Its a weird burning feeling.

Chiliphil1
12-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Lady-d, you'll have to excuse dazza sometimes, however I believe that you will come to appreciate the humor. One thing with anxiety is that you have to find joy and humor in things, it's the little things that get you through it all.

lady-d73
12-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Im sorry, its just that i get so scared and dont know what to do. Im so very sorry.

dazza
12-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Im sorry, its just that i get so scared and dont know what to do. Im so very sorry.

Hey - you have nothing to apologise for at all. I've had a truly awful year of heart attack anxiety but I don't see why we should be SO serious ALL the time. We're ordinary people afterall... we've just got an overly sensitive nervous system.

lady-d73
12-23-2012, 01:00 PM
I just dont know how to deal with things, my family tells me im crazy. But i feel everything, am i really just crazy?

mw0929
12-23-2012, 01:05 PM
I just dont know how to deal with things, my family tells me im crazy. But i feel everything, am i really just crazy?

No you aren't crazy. People that haven't gone through this don't understand the struggle. We tend to notice every little change in our bodies when a person that doesn't have anxiety would just brush that change off as nothing.

lady-d73
12-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the help guys, i guess i need to not let it get to me as much as i do.

Chiliphil1
12-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Crazy? Nah, it's just that we are overly sensitive. Our bodies tend to stay in survival mode and therefore they stay tight, since the body is not meant to be tight we get the pains and so on.

The mental side works the same way, stress and anxiety build and we can't take anymore. If something rubs us wrong it tends to make us overreact, that's just how it is.

Anxiety gets much better, it's just a matter of time and learning to relax but it is a slow process, believe me when all this started for me I didn't want to see anything funny either as to my mind there was nothing funny going on, but I have truly seen that the cure lies in just that, let go of the frustration and fear and ALLOW yourself to enjoy humor and other things, the only thing that stops us from doing and being what we want is ourselves, now I know it's not as simple as flipping a switch and someone saying "why don't you just stop" is about as good as someone telling an ostrich to fly, but you will get there, we all will.

And I'm sorry for calling you out, I didn't mean to do that it was meant as encouragement more than anything else.

lady-d73
12-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Your fine, like u said i need to relax, ive started exercising i hope that this will help.