PDA

View Full Version : chest symptoms are driving me crazy

james1321
12-23-2012, 05:22 AM
hi, i just still struggle to beleave or accept anxiety can cause my chest to feel this way day in day out its driving me mad it feels achey/tight and sometimes like heavy pressure on my chest everyday there is some discomfort there. i feel restricted what i can do physically because of it. my therapist is trying to get me more active to try and challenge the worry over my health and the doctor says it might be time for a change in tablets but then i worry about changing and feeling worse whilst the new ones kick in.
thanks guys

1Goofy1
12-23-2012, 05:42 AM
I am new here but I know exactly what you are talking about.
I have found yoga, massage and relaxation techniques like a hot bath with a good book or just some quiet time with a heat pack and clearing my mind.
I am also in the same boat with the exercise and activity, I am afraid of the chest pains and afraid of raising my heart rate. I am 46 and as a result of my fears for the past year about my chest pain am so out of shape it winds me to bring laundry up the steps. This up coming year I am forcing myself to become more active. I have to remind myself it is just my anxiety as I have been checked out by the Dr. and my heart is fine, my BP is perfect, my mind on the other hand needs some work. LOL
I have learned to laugh at myself sometimes but much of the time the fear of the chest pain wins out. But I will face it, I have to and you do to. Make sure the Dr. says you are find to ease your mind and go from there.

SunnieDebris
12-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi, James. It's hard to add to what Goofy said. I would only add to start slowly, like walking around the block a couple times, rather than trying to do strenuous exercise at first. Build your stamina up. And get a friend to join you, if you can. You can help motivate each other. Good luck!