PDA

View Full Version : What give you hope of getting better?

sully0105
12-22-2012, 07:56 PM
What gives you guys hope if getting better? For me I think I was never this way before so why is there any reason I can't be normal again and these fears I have are irrational and/or there's nothing to be scared of about them.

dazza
12-22-2012, 08:08 PM
What gives you guys hope if getting better? For me I think I was never this way before so why is there any reason I can't be normal again and these fears I have are irrational and/or there's nothing to be scared of about them.

There are 2 stages of recovery:

1) stop the outright panic

2) let your nervous system & fear response heal itself over time... this can take a few years & is the hardest battle since its become automatic

animegirl4ever
12-22-2012, 09:57 PM
What gives me hope of getting better.....its going to sound corny but honestly my boyfriend being around him (online) or thinking about him or positive words in his voice calms me. So I want to get better for him so he doesn't have to listen to me complain like this all the time and of course for myself but he's the reason ^^

mw0929
12-23-2012, 07:45 AM

I just keep in my mind that at one time I was able to live a normal life, so I should be able to once again.

sazco
12-23-2012, 10:45 AM
I just keep in my mind that at one time I was able to live a normal life, so I should be able to once again.

Oh wow I really like the way you explained. :)

mw0929
12-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh wow I really like the way you explained. :)

Thanks! It isn't always easy to feel that way but it helps to keep me motivated to move forward.