PDA

View Full Version : Sick of this!!

jmar1116
12-22-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm sick of the extreme nausea that comes with anxiety!!! Anyone else deal with this and how do you cope with it??

SunnieDebris
12-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Nausea can be really bad. Sometimes ginger can help. Tea, plain crackers. Meclizine is an over the counter one available in the States. I'm sorry it feels so bad.

dazza
12-22-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm sick of the extreme nausea that comes with anxiety!!! Anyone else deal with this and how do you cope with it??

im affraid you have to just take it on the chin... no supplement or silly tea will cure you... only time will.

jmar1116
12-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks guys!!! It's just such a crappy feeling.

SunnieDebris
12-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Wow, Dazza. How disrespectful to me. Remind me what I ever did to you.

scared44
12-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Hi, and I also suffer terribly from nausea and no medication helps me whatsoever.

raggamuffin
12-23-2012, 03:53 AM
Peppermint or ginger and lemon tea can be very effective. Also sea sickness tablets are supposed to help with both nausea and dizziness. Still, whilst it's all well and good taking things to combat nausea, it'd be more effective if you really do try to focus less worry and fear is dedicated to the symptom or pain you're having, the higher the chances of it passing are. It's often very difficult to do. But the more you accept it's anxiety the higher the chances are you will view the symptom rationally and not with the paranoid "what if it's (insert horrid medical condition here)"

Anxiety feeds of worry and in a heightened emotional state it has a field day with causing all sorts of aches and pains etc. The excess adrenaline pumped around by our hearts goes to the limbs and chests and a lot is removed form the stomach. This is why the firm favourites of anxiety sufferers are chest pains and tightness, arm pains, strange leg sensations and, of course, nausea or IBS like symptoms.

Ed

jmar1116
12-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the advice!!!