PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im new here!!!

scared44
12-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi My name is Beverley and I've been suffering from panic attacks and social phobia since I was 12yrs old. :-(

SunnieDebris
12-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Hi, Beverley, and welcome! I'm sorry to hear that you've been suffering for so long. How old are you now?

scared44
12-23-2012, 02:05 AM
Hi, Beverley, and welcome! I'm sorry to hear that you've been suffering for so long. How old are you now?

Hi, and Thankyou for the kind welcome! I I'm 44 now so I've been having them for a very long time but there getting worse. :-(

raggamuffin
12-23-2012, 03:49 AM
Have there ever been periods when the panic attacks lessened or subsided entirely? Have you ever tried any form of therapy or medication to try and combat the panic attacks. When the panic attacks occur how long do they last? Do you perform any sort of safety behaviour and avoid situations where you thin you might cause a panic attack?

Whilst it's very hard to do, it's always best to remember not to tense up when you feel a panic attack coming. Loosen up as best as you can focus on your breathing, deep breath in and then pause momentarily and then exhale through pursed lips for as long as possible. Reminding yourself it's just anxiety, it's nothing to fear, adrenaline is causing this. Give the panic as little worry or fear and emotion as possible and it will pass a lot quicker for you. Continue to focus on the breathing technique and calming yourself down until the panic subsides.

Ed