PDA

View Full Version : worried of having a heart attack?

marki_marc
12-21-2012, 10:39 PM
so now im trying to confront my anxiety which feels like the worst pain in the world im not relieved by any medication of any kind from benzodiazepines to opiates prescribed by my doctor and because of that i had to go many times to the er because my blood pressure was elevated and they coudnt do anything to lower it so i went there basicly for nothing so what im asking is how am i supposed to fight my anxiety if im at risk of having a heart attack?and i might not be able to prevent it?no matter how many times i try to confront is never go away and every new stress added makes me feel worse and worse no drug help at all and i tried at high doses and i dont have any tolerance to them because i barely take any and btw ima 20 year old male and im physically healthy so should i avoid confront my anxiety if my blood pressure might get elevated to the point of being dangerous or should i do it anyways?

abartlett331
02-28-2013, 02:35 PM
What I think you should do in case you're not already doing it is taking up something that really interests you and doing it to it's fullest. Meaning, are you working out regularly? Are you taking any types of martial arts or cardio classes? Maybe sports, swimming or anything of that nature? Perhaps going for long walks, hikes, biking or running would also be a good idea. Physical exercise is known to lower blood pressure, thus relieving your anxiety and stress. The more and more you consume yourself with these types of activities, the less time you have to feel anxious or worried.

Another good thing would be to plan a daily schedule and make a list of all the productive activities you plan to do throughout the day. Wake up early and tell yourself you feel vibrant and ready to take on the day! A healthy balance of work, exercise, and leisure helps for rounding off a good day which will allow you to live a more comfortable and productive life. Hope this helps and good luck.. :)

pawlowski187
04-02-2013, 01:58 PM
The thing is when u are anxiouse or having a panic atack your bp will usually rise. But once u relax it will go back to normal. Its not dangerouse as long as u dont have constant bp issues.... My bp is always high when i go to the er. But 20 min after relaxing and deep breathing it returns to normal

scared44
05-18-2013, 04:51 AM
The thing is when u are anxiouse or having a panic atack your bp will usually rise. But once u relax it will go back to normal. Its not dangerouse as long as u dont have constant bp issues.... My bp is always high when i go to the er. But 20 min after relaxing and deep breathing it returns to normal

Is your name Elise??

Ryaan
07-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Potassium? I ended up the in the ER because I went into insane panic mode, heart rate was 150 when I got into the ambulance, the guy thought I was over dosing on cocaine, got treated like a druggy until the blood tests came back negative for drugs, but positive for potassium deficiency.

They gave me a potassium bag and shot it through my IV, when I woke up I didnt feel any better, however, my skin was nice and evenly toned, my muscles worked a little better, and my BP felt more stable.

If all else fails, try eating some bananas my friend.

Ryaan
07-22-2013, 05:07 PM
I'm also 20, do you get muscle twitch's? In your fingers? Anywhere?

Buff0128
09-10-2013, 10:06 PM
I've had potassium issues as well. When I notice I'm having more anxiety attacks and I haven't Been stressed within a few weeks I immediately start taking my potassium pills. I need to be more religious about it. It's nice to know I'm not alone in the potassium dept but that made my anxiety worse because thy cant tell me what's causing it to be low.

MrWinter
01-14-2014, 06:26 PM
The fact is that there are people with major vitamin and mineral deficiencies walking past my window right now in the dozens - there are people with heart disease, cancers, colds, flu and all manner of illness and yet they dont have anxiety attacks standing in line and it doesnt stop them going where they need to go. I think these things are red herrings - neurotic fears - and are not the root of anxiety symptoms. Constant anxiety exhausts our nerves to the point of muscle twitches, spasms, shakes but we wont break or fall down dead from it. Taking a good multivitamin and eating well is important but our anxiety is in our beliefs not in our diet. The sad truth is that anxiety will not go away until you stop fearing it or forget about it long enough. It is just a dreadful feeling - it is never dangerous - I know it feels terrifying and it feels dangerous especially when you hyperventilate but it's not. You cannot run from it - you can only accept it and decide that it what it is and carry on regardless. It's no more stress to your body than a brief jog.

Matt192
04-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Anxiety will wear your body down and make your muscles ache and sore. The key really is mega dosing on vitamins. Most people who experience bad anxiety have a deficiency, I know not all. but that was the case for me. I started taking mass amount of Vit D and B and it took months but I started feeling like I was getting better.

Brittdoesit
05-04-2014, 09:59 PM
I feel like I am having a heart attack quite ofter. Recently I have really been focusing on taking care of myself physically, working out, sleeping enough, things like that, and they help so incredibly much!

garychase
05-25-2014, 06:39 AM
sounds like it could be a dieting issue. are you eating ok and getting exercise. 20 years old you should not worry about a heart attack. also i wouldnt take opiates for anxiety. which benzos and SSRIs have you tried? otherwise maybe ask your dr about beta blockers.

Mr.Andrew
06-01-2014, 03:13 PM
The fact is that there are people with major vitamin and mineral deficiencies walking past my window right now in the dozens - there are people with heart disease, cancers, colds, flu and all manner of illness and yet they dont have anxiety attacks standing in line and it doesnt stop them going where they need to go. I think these things are red herrings - neurotic fears - and are not the root of anxiety symptoms. Constant anxiety exhausts our nerves to the point of muscle twitches, spasms, shakes but we wont break or fall down dead from it. Taking a good multivitamin and eating well is important but our anxiety is in our beliefs not in our diet. The sad truth is that anxiety will not go away until you stop fearing it or forget about it long enough. It is just a dreadful feeling - it is never dangerous - I know it feels terrifying and it feels dangerous especially when you hyperventilate but it's not. You cannot run from it - you can only accept it and decide that it what it is and carry on regardless. It's no more stress to your body than a brief jog.

I have bad anxiety issues. The only thing keeping me going is the prospect if going back to school.

Regardless, this is what I'be been thinking about: anxiety is a feeling of embarrassment and fear in certain situations. Because of these feelings, I avoid those situations. Because I am not in those situations, I miss out on the things in life that would make me happy. The things that would make me happy are (for me) companionship, a better sex life, distractions to battle boredom, and a long, healthy life.

Here our the question I must ask myself: would these things truly make me happy? How can I work to achieve these things whilst minimizing anxious situations?

I don't know the answers. .but instead if being baffled blind by anxiety, I've been trying to come up with a plan of action that will be effective despite my inevitable anxiety issues. Just food for thought...

ShaunAlex
07-31-2015, 01:08 PM
i have the same problem and have all the same problems and symptoms - heart palpitations, fluttering and recently pains in my chest and arm. BUT, i know deep down I'm alright. My head is controlling this. We can get past it.

Kixxi
07-31-2015, 02:50 PM
i have the same problem and have all the same problems and symptoms - heart palpitations, fluttering and recently pains in my chest and arm. BUT, i know deep down I'm alright. My head is controlling this. We can get past it.

I struggled with heart palpitations for two years until I started on anxiety medication, then it stopped completely. I recently switched medications and it came back. I got it to stop by focussing on my breathing with every fibre of my being and tried to slow my heart rate consciously. That worked like a treat.

panic30
09-06-2015, 03:18 PM
I would also recommend asking to start a beta blocker. I have been on atenolol since I was about 20. BP was always high, but looking back, I only checked it when I was anxious and scared that I was having a cardiac event. Anyways, it really made a world of difference for me, and has a side effect of calming, which is great. When you take it, you don't hear or feel your heart pounding, even when anxious. Good luck!

yeastcheese
09-09-2015, 01:13 AM
It is wonderful that you never tried to avoid your situation, since avoiding situations may worsen your anxiety. Once if you have learned to overcome your panic situation, it is well and good for your effort. However try for exposure treatment to hang out with friends, get to know the facts of any situation(but never try to control it). Consult a doctor and get your relaxation exercise. Support group and group activity may give you a relief.

The Intolerable Kid
07-06-2016, 09:06 AM
I think it's worth it to keep a little bottle of that chewable aspirin around. I've read that it can help prevent a full blown attack in some cases.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin
Other than that you can alter your diet to eat better (which I don't do) and try to manage your stress levels (which I constantly struggle with.)
Good luck.

Dahila
07-06-2016, 10:56 AM
panic you do not recommend anything. He n eeds to go to doctor , not to seek medical advice on forum.
The other thingy is; when we are so worried about something, like fear the heart attack is bound to happen eventually. You wanted that, and you program you brain to do what you want. .........

Ponder
07-06-2016, 06:28 PM
To quote Dahila if I may " ...you program you brain to do what you want." .........EXACTLY this. This also makes me think of people who cling to their labels they themselves adopt and or take on - (take to heart/personally)

Kirk
07-07-2016, 07:21 AM
Their are natural supplements that may help your anxiety and blood pressure. You could consult with a natural pharmacist or physician and see what they say.

Kirk
07-07-2016, 08:33 AM
At your age the chances of a heart event are minimal anyway. At your age, the causes of your BP readings being high can be many.
Stress. lack of sleep, medication you are taking for something else, heredity, being overweight, etc. My internal medcine physician
told me that if ones BP is very high, other tests may be done to see if their is another cause such as blood work, echo cardiogram,
etc.

jonathangilbert
02-20-2018, 07:43 AM
I am often worried about having a heart attack. I often feel like I'm going to have it... :(