PDA

View Full Version : hello...I hope to find someone who can relate to me..

Cara1989
12-21-2012, 12:39 PM
I have suffered with anxiety and panic for years now I am 34 weeks pregnant now and the anxiety has gotten unbearable I can't leave the house or I will panic let alone leave my bed I feel like I can't breath I get dizzy my heart races and it feels like its skipping beats I feel so depressed that this will never go away I haven't drove a car in months my mother has to help me take a shower it is really really getting to me I cry all the time I'm so scared I'm gonna die everyday I can't even go to the doc or hospital without having a panic attack and leaving my baby doctor said I couldn't take medicine I don't know what to do I see a psychirtist but I don't think its helping I feel like I don't know how much longer I can take this my body is on the edge before I just die :( has anyone felt like this? Am I gonna be ok? :(

aims86
12-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Hello cara!

Sorry to hear you are feeling so rough, I totally understand how you are feeling! I have had anxiety/depression for 4 years now, I only plucked up the courage to go to my doctor about 3 months ago to ask for help!! I am currently on 10mg of citalopram as of last night. I too feel like I'm gonna die and think about my breathing. Have you tried any relaxation techniques?

Cara1989
12-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Yes I've tried the muscle relaxation and breathing and they help for the time being I have never took meds for the fear of side affects I just don't feel at all like myself I also been writing which takes my mind off of it but like I said its for the time being

SunnieDebris
12-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Hi, Cara, and welcome. It sounds like you're going through a really tough time. Congrats on your pregnancy! Since you can't take meds, my suggestion is to start talk therapy, if that is an option for you. A good therapist can be just as effective as meds. I also suggest learning a relaxation technique, which you can find on YouTube. This will help you calm down when your anxiety sparks. My last suggestion is to journal your thoughts and feelings. Sometimes getting them out of our brains and onto paper helps the mind relax some. I hope this helps. I wish you nothing but the best!

Cara1989
12-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Thank u both so much I actually started writing a couple of days ago and it helps but then it just hits me again I will look up on youtube to see if that helps I go to see a psychitrist but she just says u need to wait til the baby is here because I guess I'm to far gone the mind is a weird thing she tells me to talk to myself keep my mind off of it I'm trying! Its so hard though