PDA

View Full Version : Depression/Anxiety

apatterson
12-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Hi all,

Was unsure which forum to post on, but i am hoping somebody may be able to help.

My partner has recently been suffering from a mild form of depression along with anxiety. We have been to the doctors numerous times and he is missing alot of time off work! The doctor originally prescribed anti-depresants (Cilatopram) and he took them for 4 weeks before returning to the doctor with feedback. I have noticed a big change in him with regards to the depression but his anxiety is still a very big problem. He was hoping the doctor would change the tablets as these are obviously not working for the anxiety side of things and also he has been sick quite a few mornings. My father suggested we go to see a private doctor who has more knowledge of this problem rather than our local GP. I feel like its one step forward, two steps back. I know its a long process but at the moment we are really struggling. Does anybody have any help/advise they can share? Would seing a councillor make any difference? I just dont know which way to turn next :(

Thanks in advance

aidendean
12-21-2012, 06:48 AM
I definetly recommend for them to see a counsellor! It has helped me ALOT with my anxiety and its just good to talk to someone with an outside view, I hope this helps :)

apatterson
12-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Thanks. I just feel like a GP doesnt have the ability to deal with this sort of thing. Im worried that seing a counsellor will just panic him. However he is determined to get better so im just weighing up the options at the moment! Thanks though!

SunnieDebris
12-21-2012, 09:45 AM
I definetly recommend for them to see a counsellor! It has helped me ALOT with my anxiety and its just good to talk to someone with an outside view, I hope this helps :)

I agree that it seems like the right time to try this. Maybe if he has a setting where he can say whatever he wants, he will be able to discover what's causing the anxiety.