PDA

View Full Version : Atarax (Hydroxyzine)

ivans
12-21-2012, 04:51 AM
6 days ago I took 2 pills Atarax (2x25mg) for allergy and after 30-40 mins my heart started pump very fast (130 pulse), I became very drowsy, anxious, my vision became blurred, severe confusion, like very severe panic attack. I went to toxicology and the doctor said me that this is not 'his job' and may be this is cardiological problem. I said him that I don't have cardiological problems. But never mind, I went to cardiologist, he made ECG and all was fine, except the tachycardia (my pulse was about 110). He gave me beta-blocker to diminish the heart rate and I went home. I couldn't sleep very long time and finally I felt asleep but very superficially. When I woke up all seemed fine but when I stood up again - tachycardia, panic, shortness of breath, my vision again was blurred, confusion. These days I am always anxious and from time to time have panic attacks with severe shortness of breath and severe confusion, shaking and drowsiness. Sometime I am so confused that I cannot think at all. The half-life of Atarax is 14-20 hours. Till now not a single molecule must not be in my body. Why all this confusion, panic attacks and anxiety continue. I am really depressed already. Do you think that Atarax has done something of my brain or that it has 'unlocked' anxiety disorder? Thank you for reading.