PDA

View Full Version : nausea

cookie26
12-20-2012, 04:47 AM
This is new...so tonight was the first night I was able to sleep 6 hours straight without experiencing insomnia! But, when I just woke up at 6am (without an alarm), I felt nauseous and actually had to get a trashcan to put next to me. I'm not throwing up but felt like I might...anyways, all these thoughts are going through my head about how it's actually the worst flu ever and how I'm going to have a 106 fever and have to be rushed to the hospital and what's my plan for that situation... I'm doing deep breathing but when new physical symptoms come on, I can't help but think the worst! Has anyone experienced nausea with their anxiety? I'm also on 50 mg of zoloft (just started taking 3+ weeks ago) and uped the dosage last week's Wednesday.

bjjr1977
12-20-2012, 05:27 AM
I wake with nausea and within a few minutes of being awake I get an upset Tummy like when you're going to an interview or take an exam, nervousness... I pretty much have nausea all day!

trinidiva
12-20-2012, 05:58 AM
Zoloft can cause some nausea and loose bowels when adjusting dosage. It's happened to me many times....

raggamuffin
12-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Try ginger or peppermint tea. If you can't get that buy some fresh ginger and put a slice in a glass of boiling water. very effective against nausea.

Ed

MainerMikeBrown
12-20-2012, 02:41 PM
I've never felt nausea due to anxiety and I also rarely suffer from insomnia since being put on psychaitric medications back in 2000.

anxietysux
12-20-2012, 07:46 PM
I get nauseous all the time with anxiety to the point where I actually throw up! It sucks! But it does eventually get better!

SunnieDebris
12-20-2012, 09:26 PM
I have had this symptom for days at a time. Plain oatmeal or dry white toast can sometimes be tolerated with water or tea. OTC Meclizine is comparable to Compazine. I think if you can do a full body relaxation exercise, and if you can find one that focuses on the stomach or digestive tract. Be careful for acid reflux, which can damage your esophagus.