PDA

View Full Version : Bad day

freya
12-20-2012, 03:47 AM
I don't understand how people can be so strong and not have uncontrollable bouts of depression. I just don't understand it.

alankay
12-20-2012, 05:02 AM
Everyone feels blue at times or even get depressed about something but others, who have a disorder, feel that way so much, so long and/or often is interferes with their lives. A matter of degree with which that emotion is felt..... like anxiety. We all have it, just not to that point. Alankay.

raggamuffin
12-20-2012, 05:48 AM
Depends who you mean. Other than your closest friends, people tend to keep a facade up towards society. I'm sure there's a lot more people who have depression or anxiety than you might expect. Coping with it can be tough, but talking can often help. getting a new perspective on things. Helps lighten the load a little when you can talk about problems, worries or fears.

Ed

freya
12-20-2012, 06:04 AM
I have pushed most of my friends away because they just don't understand that you can't just 'snap out if it'
I'm incredibly lonely and at work people tend not to ask what's wrong anymore because crying at my desk is a usual occurrence.

The venlafaxine I'm taking doesn't work. And I'm starting to drink nearly every evening to stop the thoughts and loneliness

I just want a hug and some friends who understand