PDA

View Full Version : Not anxious, but having new symptoms.

kasiejuhnay
12-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Ok so the anxiety is not as bad as it was earlier this month. But I am having some new symptoms. If I am sitting at work, or laying in bed, I feel like the floor is moving. I googled it and it shows anxiety forums, but this isn't up and down...this is like side ways. It only lasts a couple of seconds but it scares me. I feel like it will get worse and I will have to hold on to something...but like I said it only lasts a couple of seconds and then I sit there waiting for it to happen again. Also...this isn't the first time this has happened...but tonight I was on my way to my granny's house and as I was passing two cars I was so focused on how bring their lights were that when I passed them I felt like I didn't know where I was. I was still coherent, I said ok just focus...and kept driving until I realized where I was. I have done this before a couple of times...it scares me so bad. Once again...it only lasts a couple of seconds. Does anyone else experience things like this?

rhar
12-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Yep, sometimes I feel like the floor is moving, like I am in a lift or on a boat.

I regularly feel off balance and sometimes my mind plays tricks like telling me my legs won't work. I feel like I'll have to grab something to prevent me from falling over!!

kasiejuhnay
12-19-2012, 11:43 PM
I'm glad to know its not just me. Oh and the forgetfulness is only when I drive.

SunnieDebris
12-19-2012, 11:59 PM
I have 2 similar symptoms. I get "sea-legs" and feel like I'm on a boat. And then I experience "earthquakes", where it feels like I'm in an earthquake, but obviously it's just me shaking. I think the driving thing is normal for an anxious person, too. We get on sensory overload, and it's hard to process everything we're seeing or experiencing. Driving can make me zone out as well, and I often forget to make a turn because of that. I hope this helps.

kasiejuhnay
12-20-2012, 12:12 AM
It does :) thank you.

rhar
12-20-2012, 12:23 AM
I also feel faint a lot of the day!!

kmarie30
12-21-2012, 11:15 AM
I feel this constantly. I have a thread going on this type of dizziness. You explain it very well

Cara1989
12-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Sounds like you focus to much on how you are feeling which makes it worse I've had some odd moments but if u pay them no mind then they won't esculate I've been dizzy I've been vfeeling like I'm falling and it makes me panic but once u wrap ur mind that its just anxiety your not gonna get hurt I think that's when it goes away I also felt like my legs were jello so weak I couldn't move even though I could it sucks!

rhar
12-21-2012, 07:16 PM
It's so hard to convince yourself nothing will happen!
I always think "this is it, this will be when I finally pass out or worse"!!

kasiejuhnay
12-22-2012, 12:58 AM
That's exactly what I do. I think so this is what it will feel like before I pass out, or have a seizure, or die.

It's so hard to convince yourself nothing will happen!
I always think "this is it, this will be when I finally pass out or worse"!!

laurandisorder
12-22-2012, 02:04 AM
Might be a silly question, but have you been checked for vertigo?

They sound symptomatic of vertigo or side effects of certain medication. It's not a typical symptom or by-product of anxiety.

rhar
12-22-2012, 02:16 AM
Do u mean feeling like passing out isn't a symptom of anxiety?
Everything I read says it is??

Cara1989
12-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Anxiety can make u feel everything lol never forget that! I think we have all been to the doctor a million times for dizziness due to anxiety and they said they couldn't find anything I think its a pretty common symptom