PDA

View Full Version : What helps you get theough funerals?

l1n7
12-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Edit: *through (typo in title)

Tomorrow is my grandfather's funeral and I just know I'll be panicky. My anxiety will be horrible. It's sad that I can predict it but not avoid it. Can anyone give me tips please? I would like to just sit through the funeral and be calm. Also, I'm not on any meds.

mommyof2
12-19-2012, 10:58 PM
I am so happy I am not the only one. I have been freaking out and having panic attacks over it too. I have two young boys and the thought of the world ending is scaring the heck out of me that something could happen to them. I can't get it out if my head and I don't know what to do. You are def not alone.

SunnieDebris
12-19-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. My suggestion would be to try to get plenty of rest before the funeral. Being tired will only make any anxiety symptoms more pronounced. Drink lots of water and eat breakfast. If there is anyone who knows about your anxiety, sit with them for support. And excuse yourself to take a breath outside if you need to. And bring plenty of tissues.

justconfused
12-20-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. My suggestion would be to try to get plenty of rest before the funeral. Being tired will only make any anxiety symptoms more pronounced. Drink lots of water and eat breakfast. If there is anyone who knows about your anxiety, sit with them for support. And excuse yourself to take a breath outside if you need to. And bring plenty of tissues.

I agree with sitting with someone that knows about it. It's so much worse when you are sitting there trying in your head to keep it away because you feel like the people around will think you are weird.