PDA

View Full Version : Extreme panic attacks over Mayan Prophecy

NativeLady_2010
12-18-2012, 07:31 PM
I am totally a wreck over this end of the world thing. I have high anxiety and panic attacks over it. Friday is coming quick and I am terrified. Almost to the point of suicidal thoughts. I can't take it! Dec. 21 is the end. And I think I am going officially crazy.

SunnieDebris
12-18-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm so sorry that you are so worked up about this. You are not crazy. It's scary to think those thoughts. Do you have anyone you can talk to about this? Family, friends, or a therapist? What about religion? Do you have any beliefs that could help you through this trying time? I can tell you that I don't think the world will end on Friday, but I'm not sure if you find that comforting.

animegirl4ever
12-18-2012, 07:54 PM
First take a deep breath and let it out slowly okay good. Now as for your panics about Friday. My birthday is friday and for the last two years on and off I too was scared to death that it was going to be the end of the world as well now its only two days away and I'm practically giggling about how calm I am about it

My secret? Actually theirs two but what I found that helped a great deal is to make a plan for 2013 it could be a trip to visit a friend, lover, family member or make it a fancy day spa day for your self a day for Just you no anxiety Just you or whatever make a plan for any month in 2013 then make little progresses toward it having something to ground you that yes there is going to be days after the 21st of december helps you look at the good instead of the bad

The second is look at all the other times people have said it was the end of the world
2013 (Read this in a news paper that they predicted biowepons in 2013)

seems like once a year there is one "End of the world" claim but guess what? We as humans don't know really in an ep of a scifi called doctor who the end of the physical world was in the 5 thousands or something and human kind had moved on from earth it was empty and us humans were living on other planets. We as humans don't know we can guess but we don't know Also when that claim was made it was because of a meteor that was coming a year later (2011) there was an article that said that it moved so no more threat

NativeLady_2010
12-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the replies. I am catholic. And completely believe in the bible. It's like I have one side if my brain with is the calm, logical side. Them I have a small piece that is this irrational mess. Idk why this whole Mayan thing stuck in my brain and took over. I know I would never kill myself. I have a daughter that's 5 and she's my world. It's scares me to death to think something is going to happen and I can't protect her from it. End of the world catastrophes have always caused anxiety. This time it seems so convincing and it's effecting my daily life. The panic comes in waves. I'm just in tears.

AceParadox
12-18-2012, 08:32 PM
No worries. It'll all be ok :]
like the rest are saying; it's been predicted so many times before and nothing has happened. It's just a random prediction turned into wild hype. I mean, I've made predictions too like "I'm going to win the lottery in 2010", it never happened. x.x Sad day.

Just do what I always do and make a BIG smile like this :D No... Bigger than that :D :D :D
Don't worry be happy! dooo dooo doo doo doo dooo doo dooooooo

cookie26
12-19-2012, 02:43 AM
Thanks for the replies. I am catholic. And completely believe in the bible. It's like I have one side if my brain with is the calm, logical side. Them I have a small piece that is this irrational mess. Idk why this whole Mayan thing stuck in my brain and took over. I know I would never kill myself. I have a daughter that's 5 and she's my world. It's scares me to death to think something is going to happen and I can't protect her from it. End of the world catastrophes have always caused anxiety. This time it seems so convincing and it's effecting my daily life. The panic comes in waves. I'm just in tears.

Hi native lady,

I hope you are able to find some peace and serenity this evening. You mentioned being Catholic and believing in the Bible. I too am Catholic and wanted to share some hope. Remember that Jesus directly said, in regards to the last days, that "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matthew 24:36) Later, he goes on to say to keep watch, because you do not know one what day the Lord will come. Have hope that our belief says that we can not know when the end of the world is...not even the Son himself knows ... and that we can have faith in this, and that there is will be something greater to come on that mysterious day.

Also, think of the world around us. Are there any serious world wars occurring? Any signs of drastic global threat? Any foreseeing of a comet or astroid? Any dangerous weather system predicted? No, and while countries in the world have their enemies (as it always has) but there is nothing that is quickly and drastically occurring for the entire world right now. My though would be, at this point, there would be some concrete signs or warnings.

And I agree with animegirl, there have been plenty of times in the past where people predicted the end of the world, and nothing happened. You can find a long list of these prophesies that NEVER came true: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events
My prediction is that another one -- the Mayan prophecy -- will be added to this list soon!!

Sleep well!

PanicCured
12-19-2012, 02:54 AM
The good news is in only a matter of days you will laugh at this. The Mayans only said it was the end of one cycle and a beginning of another. They believed in many many more cycles to come. Go research it and you will see they never said Apocalypse. Frankly, I don't think the Mayans knew their ass from the elbows, but I'm all up for a planetary great change. Unfortunately, come December 22, it will be the same old bullshit. I was really hoping for a great awakening or something good. Don't worry! It's nothing. Well, probably nothing.

sunnythinks
12-19-2012, 03:05 AM
This has also been on my mind, but I honestly feel better when I think back on all the times that it's been said the world is going to end and it did not.

We like to sensationalize; don't worry, it will be alright. Stay away from any nut telling you otherwise.

dazza
12-19-2012, 03:22 AM
2 days to go...

Whhooooooaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:-P

You know, I bet the press will home in on EVERYTHING unusual on this day... kinda making it seem as though there's some truth behind it.

Anyone dug a safety bunker in their garden yet? lol

raggamuffin
12-19-2012, 03:25 AM
There was never any Mayan "prophecy" simply a calender reaching a new age. Which it has done in the past...and humanity is still here. You probably won't be able to get much peace of mind from what people say until you wake up in the morning on 22nd and see that nothing has happened. As previously mentioned there have been countless end of the world predictions. People like to think they're special and know something that affects the world. There's a lot of religious, new age and pseudo scientific nonsense in this world today.

The end of the world has been a long running obsession with humanity. I suppose it's the worst case scenario of people trying to rationalize their own mortality. Still, there really isn't anything to worry about. Look at this site, written by teahcers, scientists and astronomers

www.2012hoax.org

It should help put your mind to rest. There is a lot of useful information on there. Also, whilst i'm an athiest myself, I'm sure it's said in the bible that humanity was never going to know the end of the world. So that's something else to hopefully ease your worries.

Try your best to put it from your mind. it's a lot easier said than done I know. I recall Y2K and various other end of the world dates when I was younger and the whole day I was sick, scared, shaking etc. But those days passed without any mishap. This Friday will be no different.

We'll all be fine.

Ed

jhunter89
12-19-2012, 04:55 AM
2 days to go...

Whhooooooaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:-P

You know, I bet the press will home in on EVERYTHING unusual on this day... kinda making it seem as though there's some truth behind it.

Anyone dug a safety bunker in their garden yet? lol

How's the ark coming along?

brittany09
12-19-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm really worried too. I posted a thread about this a couple days ago. But if you research the actual science behind it,the things people are claiming are going to happen aren't even possible.

mw0929
12-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Just stay away from the television. The media is going to milk this crap for all they can. Nothing will happen.

mrstanny
12-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Ive been stressing about it aswel. Somedays i dont freak out as much but sometimes i cant stop thinkin about it. Scared how il be on the day 😁

scow
12-19-2012, 09:34 PM
The world will not end.

mommyof2
12-19-2012, 11:15 PM
i am so happy I am not the only one. I have been freaking out and having panic attacks over it too. I have two young boys and the thought of the world ending is scaring the heck out of me that something could happen to them. I can't get it out if my head and I don't know what to do. You are def not alone.

Slammed Vdub
12-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Post up on Dec 22nd and tell us how much better you feel :)

Chiliphil1
12-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Well, it's 3:30 on Dec 21 and im still here, so far so good

dazza
12-21-2012, 03:21 AM
lmao!

11.11am

Got 50 minutes left, say your prayers...

dazza
12-21-2012, 03:43 AM
30 minutes... lol

jhunter89
12-21-2012, 04:26 AM
I'm alive! IM STILL ALIVE!!!!!

mrstanny
12-21-2012, 04:47 AM
Woop woop we all made it! Feel loads better now and abit silly too ☺

dazza
12-21-2012, 04:53 AM
Anyone want an ARK? I don't need it...

Make me an offer?

:-)

justconfused
12-21-2012, 05:00 AM
Woop woop we all made it! Feel loads better now and abit silly too ☺

Lucky. I live in the central time zone in the U.S. where it's only 6:00 a.m. of the 21st.

jhunter89
12-21-2012, 05:14 AM
Anyone want an ARK? I don't need it...

Make me an offer?

:-)

..... 50p?

mrstanny
12-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Dazza you might still need it. Wont be long before the next prediction

NativeLady_2010
12-26-2012, 11:03 PM
You have no idea how relieved I was on the 23rd. I had no anxiety for days. It's creeping back now. But those few days were the best days I had in a year.