PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Cured Their Heart Skips or Palpitations?

PanicCured
12-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Hey everyone, I've helped a lot of you, so maybe some of you now can help me. I am pretty damn good at being my own lab rat as you know. I do not have anxiety anymore, but the one thing I have not gotten rid of is irregular heart beats. I get a few a day and they last about 2-5 seconds. They don't scare me anymore but they are annoying. I just don't want them to get worse. I have had them for years, even before my anxiety breakdown, but since I cured my anxiety disorder, they are still here. I really have tried almost every supplement I know of for this, and even with frequent exercise they don't go away. I can say for sure they are not caused by anxiety. Could be another emotion like stress or something, but not sure.

Has anyone here overcome this? I fully believe there is a way.

sandyrdh1
12-18-2012, 10:35 AM
I sure wish I had an answer for that. I have them every day and they can last for hours at a time. My feel like when the skip someone is pinching my heart or thumping it. Very uncomfortable and then that starts my anxious mind and feelings. I take a beta blocker and it has helped slow my heart so it does not race so fast when I panic but has not helped or got rid of the palps. If I am not having the palps, I feel fine. I may get a good few hours a day with none and I feel I can do anything and feel so good. But then they hit like a ton of bricks and it starts all over again. I have tried diff vitamins, pedio lite, thinking my electrolytes were imbalanced etc. no luck. Doc just says its anxiety even if I am not having an attack. It's really annoying and depressing to have this and be able to feel every skipped beat. I am at a loss of what to do also:(

mw0929
12-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Mine haven't gone away completely but I don't get them as often as I used to. The only thing I can think of is that I'm no longer afraid of them therefore, maybe I don't notice them as much.

dazza
12-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Hi-de-hi

It's a known fact that most people suffer the odd irregular rythm or beats on a daily basis and it is said that the awareness of a palpitation (and ensuing worry) is more the problem, rather than the irregular beat itself.

Having said that, I never experienced such a phenomina when I was younger and I reckon it wasn't until I hit mid to late 30's when I first experienced it, LONG before anxiety struck.

Funny though, because although I know it would have taken me surprise, it didn't send me into a blind panic - and after perhaps a few hours of a little tension, I forgot about it.

Before anxiety, I was getting what I can only describe as a flutter or kind of rumble which lasted for a few seconds. No pain / no obvious effects / no dizziness and seemed completely harmless.
At worst I'd be taken by surprise, lose concentration and as said above, spent the next few hours a little tense.
These were rare, happening perhaps once a month - if that.

I smoke, I used to drink shed loads, I used to party like an animal and of course I'm getting older.

I only noticed these happening at work and NO other time. I would be at my computer... concentrating...

Then, last December, along came anxiety disorder... in particular heart attack anxiety of all things.

Ironically, this has caused absolute havoc with my heart. I've had the flutters, jitters, the pauses then a big BANG, racing, wobbling... you name it, my heart has done it... over and over and over again on a regular basis.
I have absolutely noticed that these coincide with a feeling of unease / anxiety / panic / stress and with other symptoms. They DO NOT occur when I'm completely calm and just getting on with life in a normal state.

They are 100% coincidental with anxiety - without a doubt.

My father suffered terrible palps in his early 40's - due to the unplanned birth of my sister, the stress of full-time work AND working at a pub at weekends / some evenings.
(Out of these three, I'll place money on fatherhood being the main factor - kids put an untold strain, stress & responsibility on a parent)
Dad was convinced he was going to die from these palps... he actually said to his work mates (yeah - WORK again - coincidence?) that he's about to
die and for them to prepare for it.
They laughed at him and just threw stuff at him (like you do in a wood working environment)

By the time my father hit mid-to-late 40's, his palps had dissappeared. He's now 70 and cannot recall the last time he had one.

Something my FATHER'S side have in common is that we're all a bunch of worriers.

I thank my father (and today's stresses) for the inherent anxiety disorder :-)

Do you notice a pattern on when they occur? do you notice ANY kind of unease / stress?
I'm sure work & the (sometime not so obvious) stresses thereof has a large part in this.

Like you... I can push myself to the limit with exercise (e.g. an hour game of intense squash) and guaranteed they will NOT occur.
It seems like, in such demanding, physical situations - the heart is very much controlled through a NEED to be controlled, but at rest - thinking, worrying, stressing, the control is not so solid and is easily influenced by external effectors.

I believe sleep (or lack of) has a part to play, too... my reason being is that a/ you feel shit during the day and b/ your mind is not efficient on the jobs it should be doing around your body and can wonder off from time to time.

Not the cure you're looking for, but some thoughts on it none-the-less.

PanicCured
12-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Well I can assure some of you they are not related to anxiety because I do not have anxiety. I do however have some frustrating stress which can get me angry at times. Although of course for some of you it can be related to anxiety. Wow Sandy hours at a time? Look, if the cardiologist says its not dangerous, just remember that when it happens.

Don't you love how doctors can never answer your questions, yet you give them a TV show and suddenly they act like they know everything!

I think what I am describing for me has to do with the vagus nerve and breathing. What's funny, is when I had really bad anxiety, I wasn't getting them often. Only fast heart beats, but the skips subsided greatly. Maybe I should start freaking out again somehow. I'm going to start doing those Buteyko breathing exercises again and see if that can help with this. I'll report my results. I may be over breathing in times of stress without me realizing it.

Ok, I'm on a mission to figure this out. When I do I will let you know. Any other tips let me know.

anxietygirl143
12-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi-de-hi

It's a known fact that most people suffer the odd irregular rythm or beats on a daily basis and it is said that the awareness of a palpitation (and ensuing worry) is more the problem, rather than the irregular beat itself.

Having said that, I never experienced such a phenomina when I was younger and I reckon it wasn't until I hit mid to late 30's when I first experienced it, LONG before anxiety struck.

Funny though, because although I know it would have taken me surprise, it didn't send me into a blind panic - and after perhaps a few hours of a little tension, I forgot about it.

Before anxiety, I was getting what I can only describe as a flutter or kind of rumble which lasted for a few seconds. No pain / no obvious effects / no dizziness and seemed completely harmless.
At worst I'd be taken by surprise, lose concentration and as said above, spent the next few hours a little tense.

I smoke, I used to drink shed loads, I used to party like an animal and of course I'm getting older.

I only noticed these happening at work and NO other time. I would be at my computer... concentrating...

Then, last December, along came anxiety disorder... in particular heart attack anxiety of all things.

Ironically, this has caused absolute havoc with my heart. I've had the flutters, jitters, the pauses then a big BANG, racing, wobbling... you name it, my heart has done it... over and over and over again on a regular basis.
I have absolutely noticed that these coincide with a feeling of unease / anxiety / panic / stress and with other symptoms. They DO NOT occur when I'm completely calm and just getting on with life in a normal state.

My father suffered terrible palps in his early 40's - due to the unplanned birth of my sister, the stress of full-time work AND working at a pub at weekends / some evenings.
(Out of these three, I'll place money on fatherhood being the main factor - kids put an untold strain, stress & responsibility on a parent)
Dad was convinced he was going to die from these palps... he actually said to his work mates (yeah - WORK again - coincidence?) that he's about to
They laughed at him and just threw stuff at him (like you do in a wood working environment)

By the time my father hit mid-to-late 40's, his palps had dissappeared. He's now 70 and cannot recall the last time he had one.

Something my FATHER'S side have in common is that we're all a bunch of worriers.

Do you notice a pattern on when they occur? do you notice ANY kind of unease / stress?
I'm sure work & the (sometime not so obvious) stresses thereof has a large part in this.

Like you... I can push myself to the limit with exercise (e.g. an hour game of intense squash) and guaranteed they will NOT occur.
It seems like, in such demanding, physical situations - the heart is very much controlled through a NEED to be controlled, but at rest - thinking, worrying, stressing, the control is not so solid and is easily influenced by external effectors.

I believe sleep (or lack of) has a part to play, too... my reason being is that a/ you feel shit during the day and b/ your mind is not efficient on the jobs it should be doing around your body and can wonder off from time to time.

I love the way you know about palpitations skipped beats .. Me myself am afraid of the skipped beats it all started wen I was 6 months pregnant with my last child .. But now there worst & scary as hell :/ it messes up my everyday life:/ I can't enjoy time with my girls .. Today I got a stress test n my heArt skipped & has been doing it all day .. Feeling like flutters :/ it's hard to bielieve it's only my anxiety n stress n panic .. :(

SunnieDebris
12-18-2012, 07:53 PM
The worst physical symptom that manifested in response to my high anxiety was when I gave myself hives while preparing for a test in college. We can cause all kinds of weird symptoms that you would not usually link to anxiety, just because we thought about something for too long. The mind and body are truly strange.

nf1234
12-18-2012, 08:07 PM
You probably already give this a shot but I hear magnesium have cured many peoples heart palpitations. My anxiety is very minimal these days but the palps still exist. I know for sure they aren't anxiety related but no doctors believe me. How are you sleeping? When I started taking klonapin a few nights a week my sleep improved and I was much less fatigued. When the fatigue went away so did the heart palps. I know one cause of them is fatigue. Since I decided I wanted to go med free my sleep hasn't been great, causing fatigue and the palps to come back.

PanicCured
12-19-2012, 03:07 AM
Good posts. Thanks guys.
My sleep has been screwed up lately. Been staying up late. Might be part f it. I'm not sure. I think everyone gets them though but not always noticeable. So I ask the cardiologist a while ago when I got it all checked out what makes some you can feel and others you can't , and his answer was, "I'm not a psychologist".

Yeah did Magnesium and everything. I think it's something is triggering it rather than it originating from the heart. What is triggering it? I just can't accept that it can't be cured. But then again, if it isn't a problem than I guess it doesn't matter. But its a real shitty feeling. So the answer probably is, what is that trigger coming from?

Waseem Shahzad
12-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Hi,

I'm here who have overcome such condition.

Basically, I was suffering from problems in my life and having the same issue as you have but then suddenly, perusing internet once, I found Dr.Mamaza and visited it.

I found Dr.Mamaza online on this website and shared my problem with them.

He gave me advice of not over-eating, not having tension, not over-thinking and he also gave me a 21-------7 formula.

You can try the same as well.

raggamuffin
12-19-2012, 04:20 AM
Hi,

I'm here who have overcome such condition.

Basically, I was suffering from problems in my life and having the same issue as you have but then suddenly, perusing internet once, I found Dr.Mamaza and visited it.

I found Dr.Mamaza online on this website and shared my problem with them.

He gave me advice of not over-eating, not having tension, not over-thinking and he also gave me a 21-------7 formula.

You can try the same as well.

For a price I imagine :p

Ed

sandyrdh1
12-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Hi-de-hi

Wow. You said that well:) I am 47 will be 48 in feb and my oldest is 23 then a 18 yr old and I also have one that will be 4 in feb. lol. So yes I do have stress. I always have been a stressful person but never like this. I have had skip beats for as long as I can remember but before July this year they would be 1 maybe 2 every 6 mths or so. Now there everyday of my life. The least little bit if tension sets them off now. My body seems to be tight all the time. I find that when I am sitting that my muscles are all tense and I have to try and relax them. And your right, I can feel fine then my heart will skip and it sends an adrenalin rush making me tense, very nervous, on edge, panic feeling etc. if I am not have a skip beat I feel good. I know I don't get the rest I need with a baby sometimes but dang. Lol. I feel like I am overloaded.

PanicCured
12-26-2012, 07:00 PM
As I am trying to figure this out, I have some ideas. Anxiety can cause heart skips but I do not have anxiety yet I do get these few second irregular beats 1-3 times a day. Therefore, it is not only caused by anxiety. Can you guys give me answers to these questions?

1) Do any of you that get this notice you are slouching or hunched over when it happens?

2) Do they tend to come when food is still in your stomach.

3) Is your posture bad when they come?

4) Do you drink caffeine as in coffee or tea? I tend to drink lots of green or black tea.

5) Do you have normal sleeping patterns?

This may have something to do with the Vagus nerve being triggered. I know at least the ones I get are not dangerous so there is no need to be concerned. But I am an avid believer in curing oneself of these little issues.

anxietygirl143
12-26-2012, 11:38 PM
As I am trying to figure this out, I have some ideas. Anxiety can cause heart skips but I do not have anxiety yet I do get these few second irregular beats 1-3 times a day. Therefore, it is not only caused by anxiety. Can you guys give me answers to these questions?

1) Do any of you that get this notice you are slouching or hunched over when it happens?

4) Do you drink caffeine as in coffee or tea? I tend to drink lots of green or black tea.

This may have something to do with the Vagus nerve being triggered. I know at least the ones I get are not dangerous so there is no need to be concerned. But I am an avid believer in curing oneself of these little issues.

Yea I hung over when it happends I get this wierd tightened in the middle of my stomach by the breat bone .. My heart skips alot when I'm done eating like 10 min later I don't drink no caffeine nor do I drink juice .. I don't have normal sleeping patterns

justconfused
12-26-2012, 11:55 PM

I don't tend to notice palps and I'm thankful for that, but I do notice when my posture is bad I get chest pain and that can sometimes send me into a frenzy.

sandyrdh1
12-27-2012, 07:23 AM

Yes everything you said can trigger skip beats. The begins nerve can do that. Some people do get that when they bend over, posture etc. mine just happen when ever.

PanicCured
12-27-2012, 05:17 PM
If you get this all day long, take 400 mg Magnesium Glycinate twice daily. 800 mg a day. Take 5000 mg Vitamin D3. Stop B Vitamins and Calcium supplements and see what happens.

sandyrdh1
12-27-2012, 05:26 PM
If you get this all day long, take 400 mg Magnesium Glycinate twice daily. 800 mg a day. Take 5000 mg Vitamin D3. Stop B Vitamins and Calcium supplements and see what happens.

Why stop B and calcium? I don't take them anyway but I have heard that the B and cal help skip beats. And don't you have to take B and cal together for absorption ? I do take B-12 shots 1 time a month. And do you take this and does it help you?:) I am willing to try anything. Lol.

PanicCured
12-27-2012, 07:37 PM
B and Calcium is stimulating to the nervous system. If you have anxiety they can surely trigger it. Once your anxiety settles, you can take them, but they can make you feel jittery. In foods is ok, but concentrated supplements can make you anxious is you have an anxiety disorder. Magnesium calms the nerves. Magnesium is a mineral many believe we do not get adequate amounts of anymore. Research it.
For the time being, take this: 400 mg Magnesium Glycinate twice daily. 800 mg a day. Take 5000 mg Vitamin D3. Don;t get a non chelated magnesium. Get this one. or Magnesium Taurate.

PanicCured
12-27-2012, 07:38 PM
But there is debate whether we need calcium supplements at all anyway.

sandyrdh1
12-27-2012, 08:00 PM
B and Calcium is stimulating to the nervous system. If you have anxiety they can surely trigger it. Once your anxiety settles, you can take them, but they can make you feel jittery. In foods is ok, but concentrated supplements can make you anxious is you have an anxiety disorder. Magnesium calms the nerves. Magnesium is a mineral many believe we do not get adequate amounts of anymore. Research it.
For the time being, take this: 400 mg Magnesium Glycinate twice daily. 800 mg a day. Take 5000 mg Vitamin D3. Don;t get a non chelated magnesium. Get this one. or Magnesium Taurate.

I have reg magnesium. But what your saying is I need the mag glycinate(right) ? And also I had to take prescription vit d for 6 weeks because it was low. But after I took it he said my blood work came back fine. So maybe I still need vit d.? Thanks for your input. I am new to all these vit:)

PanicCured
12-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Screw the blood work. You have a problem so you need medicinal doses of things.
Magnesium Oxide is not very absorbable. You aren't getting enough. You need it chelated so you can absorb it. Glycinate or Taurate are the best.
Just try it:
Buy these:
2 capsules twice daily http://www.iherb.com/Bluebonnet-Nutr...90-Vcaps/14198

1 a day of this: http://www.iherb.com/Pure-Essence-Vi...gie-Caps/15545

also type in arrhythmia and you will see there are a few herbal options.

sandyrdh1
12-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Screw the blood work. You have a problem so you need medicinal doses of things.
Magnesium Oxide is not very absorbable. You aren't getting enough. You need it chelated so you can absorb it. Glycinate or Taurate are the best.
Just try it:
Buy these:
2 capsules twice daily http://www.iherb.com/Bluebonnet-Nutr...90-Vcaps/14198

1 a day of this: http://www.iherb.com/Pure-Essence-Vi...gie-Caps/15545

also type in arrhythmia and you will see there are a few herbal options.

Thanks for your advise. I will have to go by some:) you seems very smart about all this stuff:) even if we don't agree on the St. John's wart thing. Lol.