PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats?

StaceyEaster93
12-18-2012, 12:30 AM
I was just wondering if with anxiety you can get night sweats? every time I woke up last night, I was cold, yet in a sweat? I'm really worried about it :(

rcohn20
12-18-2012, 12:42 AM
Yes that has totally happened to me! It's the anxiety and I hate it! I wouldn't stress too much but you should discuss with a doctor.

laurandisorder
12-18-2012, 03:21 AM
It's really, really, really common.

Some medications can also make it worse. I had to come off Effexor because I would have to change my pjs (or the sheets) at least once a night. My hair would also be drenched. (In sweat, not wee - thought I'd jump in before Dazza!)

I have certainly experienced in times if anxiety/high stress since then, but not to the same extent. Usually my ex would tell me that I had been sweaty the following morning. It's not really anything to worry about, but sadly there isn't much you can do about it - don't use too much bedding. I like a top sheet and a light weight quilt so I can kick off the quilt if I get too hot and uncomfortable.

mindblock24
12-18-2012, 06:23 AM
I remember sweating at night while on Effexor. But the medication worked so well I wouldn't trade it.

Amr
12-18-2012, 03:39 PM
I get This and it usually comes along with sleep Paralysis My heart Beats So fast and my Body Becomes extremely Hot and sweat Heavily its really Freaky.

SunnieDebris
12-18-2012, 03:48 PM
I get this way sometimes. Usually, if I've had a lot of anxiety. I think it's pretty normal for us. For a while I was taking 2 showers a day.

dazza
12-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Sweaty Betty

I haven't had this, although during my worst period of anxiety there were times during the evening where I was just sat there and suddenly got really hot and clammy within a few 10's of seconds.

This is most likely an adrenalin overdose.
Beta blockers may help?

(Of course, it could be that extra thick Lion ONESIE you insist on wearing every night... aswell as having two douvets and the heating on full 24/7)

You should also insist that your clingy partner doesn't wrap himself around you each night like a giant water bottle.
I also wake up like im in a swimming pool when stuck to the missus...
Just push 'em over to THEIR side :-)

aims86
12-18-2012, 05:50 PM
I get this also when I become anxious! I had it today in fact, I started sweating and feeling faint. All part of the process. Nothing to worry about! :-)