PDA

View Full Version : Getting nervous over silly things

ariokage
12-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Everything Im nervous about today is kind of dumb but its because its all on-top of my regular serious issue nervousness and i cant handle it!

Ive been getting super nervous over things that may just be really silly. Like an example is Theres a possibility I may get my first kiss ever soon ( I'm 18 lame huh? ) and thinking about it makes me so nervous I want to cry. If things play out in the next month I'll loose it in a such a super romantic way, and that just makes me even more nervous!! Part of me just wants to kiss a random boy on the street and get it over with so I wont be so scared of loosing my first kiss.

Ive also been extremely nervous about winter vacation. Im really lonely because Im not in college yet and Ive been so scared I wont see any friends when they come home this week cause Im too nervous to ask to see them after so long.

Everything's just kind of dumb. Does anyone else worry about little things? How do you not worry and try to be normal about stuff?

I don't think its normal to cry and shake about these things

:( ugh!

raggamuffin
12-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Nothing lame about being 18 and not having kissed someone. Everyone's in such a rush to do things nowadays. it's very respectable waiting in my opinion. Besides I found relationships just spoilt college and uni in terms of my concentration.

Being anxious and worrying can take all shapes and forms. Often it's health anxiety, but it's just as easy to fixate on something else. I often worry about anything and everything and tend to blow most things out of all proportions when I fixate on them. I guess it was only a matter of time that anxiety started having a field day.

I'm sure you'll be fine, no sense in rushing this first kiss. JHust do what you want when you feel ready for it. There shouldn't be any compulsion or pressure to do it when you don't want to.

Ed