PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone else relate to this?

Bluesookie
12-17-2012, 03:46 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been taking meds for the last year, for an anxiety crisis and depression (due to the anxiety). I finally stopped paroxetine 3 weeks ago and bromazepan last Friday. I've been feeling more or less ok, even drank a glass of wine, something I wasn't able to do because of the meds.

Today I woke up feeling nauseous and trembling. As soon as I felt the nausea I instantly thought "panic attack" so, even if it wasn't, it soon became one.

I read a lot here about the fears, our irrational fears. I know we all have it and they are on the origin of our anxiety but, in my case, what I feel is basically nausea. Sometimes like I'm actually going to throw up but, most of the time, just that annoying, uncomfortable feeling of nausea. And, right now, I hate myself for not being able to either control it or live with it. I mean, a lot of people have nausea due to other health conditions and they just live with it. Why is it such a big deal for me?

Anyone else feels the same?

raggamuffin
12-17-2012, 04:18 AM
Probably your body adjusting to being without the meds. Withdrawal symptoms are common when coming off anxiety or depression related drugs. It'll take some time, but you need to try and rationalize when you feel a symptom instead of letting emotion, fear and worry cloud logical judgement.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ed

Bluesookie
12-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Thank you.
Today has been worse though :(

laurandisorder
12-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Aropax or paroexetine is a really hard drug to come off of. Are you being supervised by a doctor at the moment?

You have to taper off really slowly and you will feel like crap. In addition to the anxiety that it can lead to, it can also produce flu like effects in your body as well.

Stick at it and consult with a doctor if you're feeling really awful.

SunnieDebris
12-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Nausea is so underrated by the medical community. I live with constant pain, and when I also have nausea, I know how bad it can be. Honestly, I'd rather live with the pain than nausea. (Not that I have a choice.) there are some over the counter things (in the USA) like meclizine that can help. It might also help to learn a breathing or progressive relaxation exercise, to get your nerves to calm down some, and hopefully reduce the nausea. You can find a bunch on YouTube or there are apps, as well.