PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and unusual connected disturbs

albertomar
05-07-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm suffering from anxiety and OCD, even if not in particularly serious form. In addition to the normal trouble of the patology, I'm suffer from a unusual and very debilitating trouble, that I don't know if it is caused from anxiety. I feel myself constantly dazed, nearly drunk, not totally mentally lucid, nearly not completely awake, a continuous mental numbness. I precise that I drink little, I don't smoke, I don't use drugs. Can it be a collateral effect of anxiety? Suffers someone from the same disturbance? Can someone help me?
:|

V for Victor
05-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Mental fatigue and numbness is often a result of prolonged anxiety. It's not a guarantee that yours is coming from anxiety, but it's a good bet.

Getting your anxiety/OCD under control is the best way to eliminate ALL of the problems it's causing you.

What steps have you been taking to control your anxiety/OCD?

JimmyB
05-07-2007, 12:13 PM
I feel exactly the same, my anxiety is better than it was but I still feel dazed etc. Not sure how long this is gonna last but its really annoying cause I can't be asked to do anything.

vaio
05-08-2007, 12:51 PM
albertomar and JimmyB can you be more precisely about your alcohol drinking? Does the constantly dazed, nearly drunk feeling get worse when you try to stay away from alcohol?

JimmyB
05-08-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure as I like to drink socially at the weekend but I feel happier, more alive and a little more focused if I have had a drink.

albertomar
05-09-2007, 03:59 AM
I do not drink a lot, a wine glass to dinner. I have consulted a neurologist who has prescribed to me some drugs (before Laroxyl, than Elopram - Citalopram) but they have not given benefits to me. Now I am under treatment by a psychiatrist.