PDA

View Full Version : Since Im new just a little insight on my anxiety.

atethesun.
12-16-2012, 10:54 AM
I am anxious all day long. Sometimes way more severe than other times. I have bad social anxiety and especially spot light anxiety. Here's a story of last night.

My friend took me to a party, where I only knew her and two other people. I didn't want to go in the first place, my anxiety was through the roof, but I smoke a blunt and drank a few beers and I was finally at a state to just enjoy myself. I wasn't really social except to the three people I knew, but I was content. Until this guy hit on me and touched my ear. From then on my anxiety was pumping. Tight chest, short breaths, air headed, numb arms and legs, heart racing.

Well we left for another party, I knew everyone at this one except one person and I was okay. Until the one person I didn't know kept trying to get information out of me about me and what not. Just simple questions such as my name and what not but it put me right back at square one.

So we finally left and we were back at my apartment with my roommates. My anxiety is never too bad when I'm with my roommates, and at this point I was so drunk and high my anxiety was pretty numb. And it was all perfect until three males came over to see my roommate. I freaked out and went and hid in my room. Not only do I have a fear of males I don't know, but being around males I don't know drunk, is even worse. My roomie James kept texting me to come back out but I just told him I was sleepy. My roomies and friends know I have "anxiety" but they have no idea how bad it is.

Only one person, besides my therapist knows. And I get anxiety thinking of telling anyone. Cause no one understands.

I ended up spending three hours laying in a bath tub of cold water cause I got so nauses and sick feeling from the anxiety attacks.

atethesun.
12-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Oh, and also, all day today my anxietys been high, but with blurred vision. Anyone elses vision get blurry?

rhar
12-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Yep I def get blurred vision and all sorts of weird visual disturbances. When I'm having an attack I find it difficult to focus my eyes on objects, it's horrible!!

atethesun.
12-18-2012, 02:22 PM
My vision is worse during like an attack, but I have anxiety all day and my vision has been awful lately. I even got new contacts the other day.....

alankay
12-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Do you have any abuse in your history or just kinda fear guys to a certain extent? Alankay

mw0929
12-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Oh, and also, all day today my anxietys been high, but with blurred vision. Anyone elses vision get blurry?

Oh yeah, I almost always get blurred vision during attacks. Sometimes even when I'm calm. It's not a fun feeling. How long have you been uncomfortable around males?

atethesun.
12-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Do you have any abuse in your history or just kinda fear guys to a certain extent? Alankay

Both.... : /

Abused by my ex boyfriend

aims86
12-18-2012, 09:07 PM
I was too Hun, hope your ok x

atethesun.
12-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Oh yeah, I almost always get blurred vision during attacks. Sometimes even when I'm calm. It's not a fun feeling. How long have you been uncomfortable around males?

I've always been my whole life, but especially the past year.