PDA

View Full Version : anxiety symptoms ruining christmas!

ellen1
12-16-2012, 06:29 AM
In advance, thanks for reading this in full and thanks for the replies!
I am trying to stay calm, I am always smiling and forgetting about my horrible symptoms.
I get:
-headaches in the same place
-constant blurred vision and focus problems
-twitching
-weakness
-weird unexplainable, unpleasant physical feelings in the body
-heart pain
-feels like I'm being shot in the stomach
-nausea
-tremors
-random, extreme dizziness. Like I'm lying down and I'll randomly get dizzy
-weird vision when I stand up
-excessive thirst
-constantly hungry no matter how much I eat
-pains in my limbs
-fears of death
-fears that I'm going to die in my sleep (I think this because when I'm laid in bed I start to feel even worse and more ill)
-memory loss
-sometimes sensitive to light and sound
-coordination problems
And more symptoms!

It's ruining christmas, I'm not worrying and showing that I'm stressed but I think about my symptoms a lot and wonder if they really are caused by anxiety!
I don't know why I feel like this when i don't actually have anxiety at the moment, I used to and it stopped about 5 months ago.

The only time I get physically stressed is when I hear about sad incidents that have happened in the world, for example the Connecticut shooting on Friday, that made me cry. But apart from that I don't know what's causing my anxiety symptoms.

How do I get rid of my symptoms?
Is it definitely anxiety? I worry that I have a brain tumour or something:/
I've had the symptoms for about a month and they're slowly getting worse.

mindblock24
12-16-2012, 06:39 AM
Ellen I'm sorry to hear this I too have major health anxiety about myself and my kids that becomes so overwhelming I go into a full blown panic attack and vomit. I'm struggling right now because I'm off my meds and having a very difficult time finding joy in then holiday season as I usually do. First thing, have you seen a doctor about your symptoms? Are you taking anything for anxiety? Do your symptoms tend to flare up when your mind starts to worry about them? Hang in there, getting on a good medication can be life saving once you've had a good thorough check by your internist that all else is ok. Blessings to you, stay strong.