PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out

SunnieDebris
12-15-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm feeling very frustrated. I'm overwhelmed. It seems like no matter what I do, I just can't keep up. My physical health is failing and it is keeping me from doing even the smallest, simplest things with any regularity. This morning, my wife and I got the car smogged and went to lunch. And now I'm exhausted. I have to take a nap before I can go out and get a few items at the store. It's so frustrating to not be able to do things for myself and my family. My mother in law lives with us and she has paranoid schizophrenia and agoraphobia. She is only getting worse because her crappy insurance doesn't cover therapy. So she sits at home all day studying metaphysics and yodeling. It's hard for me to really understand her at times, which is also frustrating. She also has this habit of "fixing" things that are not broken, causing me to have to arrange to have them fixed professionally (the thermostat, the dishwasher). She also has 2 dogs that pee on everything, causing me to have to clean up behind them. I'm tired all the time and I don't even have the energy to make dinner daily. I'm just so sick of this. It causes me so much anxiety to be so useless. It's really challenging my sense of self worth. I saw my doctor on Thursday and she did a pressure point test, and I scored 17/18 reactions of pain to mild pressure. I'm on a special diet for IBS, and I have a hard time eating. I'm trying to do absolutely everything my doctors suggest. I'm being re-referred to the pain program, and I'm scheduled for tests in January regarding IBS. I'm just so tired of trying and failing, trying and failing. I'm really stressed out and highly anxious. I'm on meds and in therapy, but I still feel lost much of the time.

mw0929
12-15-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm sorry you are going through so much! I think anyone would be exhausted having to deal with that much. Do you get any help cleaning up the mess and such?

SunnieDebris
12-15-2012, 02:43 PM
No, I usually have to clean it up quickly a d quietly as to not offend my mother in law. She's very sensitive and gets down on herself, so I don't want to make hings worse. Right now, I have a mess in every single room in the house, except the bedroom. I just can't muster the strength to finish cleaning them up.

rcohn20
12-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Do it little by little-dont put pressure on yourself to tackle everything all at once. I'm exhausted most of the day too-and my apartment was a mess! I just started in one section and didn't do more than I felt like.