PDA

View Full Version : having a special person in your life

blur
05-05-2007, 04:35 PM
how do you do it? how do you keep a relationship with someone?
did they feel sorry for you and is that why theyre with you? i mean , it couldnt be your sweet, funny, personality right?

txmom
05-05-2007, 07:22 PM
how do you do it? how do you keep a relationship with someone?
did they feel sorry for you and is that why theyre with you? i mean , it couldnt be your sweet, funny, personality right?

I hope that's why they're with you, lol.
I don't think a person would stay with you for long, just because they felt sorry for you.
People aren't that generous. We only get one life apiece; nobody's going to waste their life with someone they don't really care about, simply out of pity.

I do think, sometimes, that two people who both have low self-esteem or emotional/psychological problems remain together out of mutual dependence.
Maybe this is not an altogether bad thing, as long as they love each other. If they have children, though, they must try to resolve their psychological issues and become rational, independent, functional adults for the sake of their children.

MissAngelicNorth
05-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Avee been with my boyfreind for a while now . Ave explaned to him what happens . Like if he winds me up . A'll cry . For pointless stuff . I think it was hard for him to understand at first because he'd never experienced it . No one can no or understand what its like untill thier've had it them selfs. He's made me feel stronger in my self . And when am with him i feel on top off the world . He's The Person Who Makes me wake up in the mornings :D sad it may seem but true .

kguthrie
05-08-2007, 10:30 AM
I've been with my husband now for six years, married for four. Honesty is what has kept us together. He's my best friend, I tell him everything even when I can't. It's not easy, but he truly loves and believes in me and knows that this too will pass.
Until I met him I had been completely alone. No one knew what my head was like. He's my blessing. We also have a three year old son who helps me put things in perspective. Nothing like looking at life through the eyes of a child.