PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosis, miscarriage

defmunel
12-12-2012, 09:41 AM
I've been diagnosed with orthostatic hypotension. I'm trying to accept it still. Some days are better than others. In going to the cardiologist on Friday for this.

Last night my general doc called me after hours on her personal cell to give me results of my urinalysis. Everything was normal except for my cortisol levels. They are elevated. She says not enough to worry her, but she wants to test again in 5 weeks to make sure they're not rising. See also closing her office in a month, and now I have to find another gp. She has been the most awesome dr.

Then I started spotting like I'm about to menstruate, but I'm 9 weeks pregnant! I'm going to the ob today for testing.

I feel like a complete medical mess. I'm the last child of 6 and feel like all of the medical crap was left for me. None of my brothers and sisters have medical issues.

I'm so overwhelmed right now. This just plain sucks. All of it.

rhar
12-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi there, try not to stress as spotting in pregnancy can be very normal.

I have a 3 year old but have been through 2 miscarriages this year. You would have stomach cramps if you were having a miscarriage and a "gut feeling"

Hope you're ok.

defmunel
12-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Unfortunately the baby does not have a heart beat. I am devastated. I have been through so much this year and am at my breaking point. I go in for removal tomorrow morning and am so scared I won't wake up after anasthesia.

rhar
12-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Oh no I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how deeply horrible it is to lose a baby.
I lost my first at 11 weeks then at 6..
You need to be kind to yourself.
Try to remember that while this is a new and terrifying procedure for you, sadly it's one they perform regularly and they will take care of you.
I was the same, I was terrified of something going wrong. So much so that I wrote letters to my family in case!
I promise you will be ok.

It's so terribly unfair that this happens.
Thinking of you x

mellymel
12-12-2012, 04:36 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers <3

rhar
12-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Are you ok??

defmunel
12-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Yes, I made it! Drs gave me a sedative before surgery because I was so worked up. They said my heart rate stayed in the 80's-90's the whole time. Said it is good I'm seeing the cardiologist tomorrow. Blood pressure was normal throughout. I hate that my heart beats so fast. I think this is one of the reasons I miscarried. it's my biggest anxiety. They say orthostatic hypotension, but I rarely feel faint upon standing. Usually just first thing in the morning. But I am so tachacardic when standing. Up to 125 bpm. I actually feel a bit of relief about the miscarriage. I don't want to sound heartless. I know that baby was alive at one time, and a real living person. I just now feel like I can be treated by my medical doctors, and get answers to my health problems. In the past the answer was always we can't do anything because your pregnant. Anyway. I'm grateful to be alive, and be with my family. Thanks for your concern.

rcohn20
12-13-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm sorry for all you've been through! Take this time to get healthy for yourself so that when you are ready to try for a baby again you will be in great shape! You deserve to feel good and be strong-I'm sure you will recover from this and move forward to experience great things in life!

rhar
12-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Glad it all went well.

Now it's time for you to be a bit selfish and take care of yourself! Your baby will come when the time is meant to be.

I too blame myself and my panic attacks for my last miscarriage. It's hard.

Hang in there and rest!!

SunnieDebris
12-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Glad to hear you are being treated and keeping your head up. I wish you nothing but the best.