PDA

View Full Version : Damn, I decided on a career...but fear of vomit..

JEH2004
05-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Ive been thinking about school and what I want to do, as some of u may already know.

Well I found this book on careers at the bookstore and realized as I was considering each one I had to make sure that people dont vomit often during these jobs.

I realized I have this phobia, its like people get scared of blood, well I have major anxiety when I see someone vomit. Even hear it. It can be TV, movies, wherever, it freaks me out and Im sick to my stomach the rest of the day. I used to work in a bar and only worked a day shift because people didnt puke as often. I never really thought this was an issue until now. I know for sure I dont want to stop my life because of this. But Im really wanting to be an art teacher and you know how often kids puke in school...
any advise? anyone understand?

MissAngelicNorth
05-05-2007, 06:24 AM
Try and face your fears . Vomit Isent Going to Hurt You . Dont Let this Stop you From What You are wanted to do . Good luck

JEH2004
05-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks, I know it wont hurt me but it just scares the crap out of me. Just the sounds, smell, UGH. Its wierd though, my daughter threw up today actually and it didnt really bother me, I guess cuz shes my child...it still made me queazy.

magic07
05-15-2007, 11:29 PM
I certainly agree. Go and get your dream even if it means seeing and hearing children vomiting every fraction of a second.

Pixton
05-26-2007, 11:36 AM
I kinda have the same fear too. It's silly, but I can't help it.

MikeMarcoe
05-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Here's a thought. Why not lock yourself in the bathroom and vomit? The worse that could happen is, 1) you'll vomit again from the sight and smell, 2) you'll vomit again and again after this, 3) you'll suffer a bad headache and sore throat, and/or 4) you'll pass out.

I have this problem when I go to public places where there's only one toilet and it's plugged up and full of the nasty stuff. I dry heave and dry heave, over and over again. After a few minutes of this, I feel kind of cleansed, and then I'm able to try to unclog the toilet.

photogirl
11-20-2007, 04:18 PM
I was actually an emetephobe for years. Then one day I finally threw up. I'm not totally over it, but I don't think about it all the time like I used to.

I think once you are exposed to it a bit more, that will help

Hope this helps