PDA

View Full Version : Help! Do I have anxiety??

MitchHuxtable
12-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Right here's my story... I have been having these symptoms for a month now. Firstly I work in a warehouse which involves working under pressure with some heavy lifting and meeting deadlines. So at work a month ago I found myself staring into space and suddenly felt really dizzy as if I was going to pass out... I didn't but I was so worried about this over the whole weekend then back to work Monday it was for me soon as I got there I knew something wasn't right, I felt lightheaded and had no energy whatsoever so I got sent home. then one night I was trying to sleep and I just couldn't then that was when I believe I experienced my first panic attack. I found it difficult to breath heart was racing and really lightheaded, this stopped after a few mins. But then I was obviously worrying about this new extreme symptom. So I went to GP got blood tests done and was given all clear and he said it might be anxiety so he sent me on my way telling me to relax more and signed me off work for 2 weeks. So in those two weeks symptoms improved a lot. But now at work I am very sensitive to bright lights and colours and also noticed my pupil in my eye changes size frequently. I'm so worried I still suffer from a bit of lightheadedness and my head feels a bit tight.
I need your advice as I've read anxiety can cause all these symptoms but I need to know how you all discovered you had anxiety and how it came across etc
Many thanks x

trinidiva
12-12-2012, 08:20 AM
All of those are definitely anxiety symptoms....I've experienced them at one point in time. You should try to start looking into relaxation techniques, because you honestly don't want to give this time to get worse....with no treatment, it is likely to. Look into meditation ( you can look up websites or there are even apps on smartphones) , or start looking into CBT....there are some great CBT books on amazon......of course, following up with your doc is a good idea also.

MitchHuxtable
12-12-2012, 10:52 AM
But what I don't get is the fact I don't feel myself like I'm out of my body and when I'm looking at something for a long period of time then stop my vision is all blurred etc am i think I'm seeing things. Also sometimes I'm a bit off balance, could anxiety cause all this ?

alankay
12-12-2012, 11:22 AM
I would ask your doc to check over you eyes but otherwise think anxiety could be at work here. Alankay

justconfused
12-12-2012, 12:24 PM
But what I don't get is the fact I don't feel myself like I'm out of my body and when I'm looking at something for a long period of time then stop my vision is all blurred etc am i think I'm seeing things. Also sometimes I'm a bit off balance, could anxiety cause all this ?

Yeah. You often get the feeling that things aren't real, or like your mind is trying to trick you. Or you might lose your mind if you don't snap out of it. I've found myself feeling like I'm floating while drifting off to sleep then I'll jump up fast and try to do something until I feel like I can try again.

dazza
12-12-2012, 04:48 PM
These all sounds like fight or flight symptoms, but I would get my eyes checked if I were you.

Did you get checked for diabetes?

MitchHuxtable
12-13-2012, 03:09 AM
Hello all thanks for your advice, I am going to my GP either tomorrow or Saturday, also I thought diabetes would show on blood tests ??? As I post this I'm on break at work and struggled for 2 hours with a bit of head pressure and my eyes are again sensitive and a bit blurry.