PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get dizzy/lightheaded when concentrating??

rhar
12-11-2012, 04:49 PM
When I have to concentrate or stand still and talk to people I feel so lightheaded, like I might pass out.

I hate this feeling and when it happens it can set of my panic! I never had it before so it's just so frustrating!!! I don't know how to stop it??!!!!

Silachoo1
12-11-2012, 07:22 PM
That happened to me today. I kept telling myself in my head it was ok, things were going to be alright, and I calmed down and eventually lost focus on that and focused on what was being said to me in class.

acetone
12-12-2012, 05:40 AM
Does the feeling ease somewhat if you start walking/moving ?

dazza
12-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Fight or flight kicking in.

Anxiety, depression, excitement & anger can all spark fight or flight when you have anxiety / panic disorder.

In the case of talking to people, it's probably a case of excitement and/or anger.

I often wonder how I'd cope in a real threatening situation now, like confronted by a knife-weilding robber.
Would my fight or fight do the business and I'd kick their ass? or would I just stand there complaining of my palpitations... who knows, lol

panicfrank
12-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Fight or flight kicking in.

Anxiety, depression, excitement & anger can all spark fight or flight when you have anxiety / panic disorder.

In the case of talking to people, it's probably a case of excitement and/or anger.

I often wonder how I'd cope in a real threatening situation now, like confronted by a knife-weilding robber.
Would my fight or fight do the business and I'd kick their ass? or would I just stand there complaining of my palpitations... who knows, lol

That's funny dazza! I've wondered the same thing. Getting back to the topic, I also notice myself feeling lightheaded/faint when I'm just standing there talking to or listening to someone. On the other hand, if I'm engaged in the convo I'm fine. The mind is a powerful thing. Sometimes for the worse with us anxiety people. :( I try my best to ignore it but when I absolutely feel like I'm gonna pass out I immediately try to get away from the situation , making me feel like I "lost" that bout. It's just too overpowering. The thing is that I've never passed out from this. I hope I never do. But it's the "what if I do this time?" that makes me run. I don't know why I make a huge deal about that.

jhunter89
12-12-2012, 08:12 AM
^^ another gobldegooker

rhar
12-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Does the feeling ease somewhat if you start walking/moving ?

Yes it sure does!! I think people think I'm made because I have to keep moving when talking to people, even when I'm at my computer I move in my chair!! It's so annoying!!!

rhar
12-12-2012, 12:08 PM
That's funny dazza! I've wondered the same thing. Getting back to the topic, I also notice myself feeling lightheaded/faint when I'm just standing there talking to or listening to someone. On the other hand, if I'm engaged in the convo I'm fine. The mind is a powerful thing. Sometimes for the worse with us anxiety people. :( I try my best to ignore it but when I absolutely feel like I'm gonna pass out I immediately try to get away from the situation , making me feel like I "lost" that bout. It's just too overpowering. The thing is that I've never passed out from this. I hope I never do. But it's the "what if I do this time?" that makes me run. I don't know why I make a huge deal about that.

Yes!! I'm the same with the "what if it happens this time". I feel lightheaded and faint a lot, especially at work and I have fear of embarrassing myself in front of everyone by passing out!

dizzydizzy
11-25-2014, 04:22 AM
HI Rhar , i know this is old , but i am suffering from dizziness , lightheaded and brain fog when concentrating on reading , did you find a way to end your suffer , grateful if you can share . thanks

h_rock
11-25-2014, 11:09 AM
I used to get this a lot, plus tunnel vision. It's not nice when you're trying to listen to someone.

When going on dates I'd often suggest something active or going for a walk as it meant I would be moving and not just sat there looking at them when talking.

This is usually a form of social anxiety, you care what people think about you even if it's not on a subconscious level. They way I dealt with it was to imagine the person I was talking too was an amazing person. That if they knew how I felt they wouldn't think any less and wouldn't care. That they would be kind and warm and great to talk to, someone I wanted to know.

This helped me relax a lot and not get the symptoms so much. I think it also helped my body language and facial expressions towards that person and they felt more comfortable and open with me too. This in-turn then helped me relax further.

Hugo