PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with me?

lady-d73
12-10-2012, 10:29 PM
It feels like my blood pressure goes up when i get stressed, but i have checked it and its not high. Is it my nerves?

laurandisorder
12-11-2012, 12:03 AM
It could be your heart rate?

This definitely happens to most people with anxiety when they are in a stressful situation. I know my heart rate is quick anyway, but when I'm anxious it goes up to 140-150bpm, the same as intense cardio exercise.

I'm not really an expert on high blood pressure and what that feels like as I have the opposite problem - low blood pressure, but if your Dr says it's ok, just trust them - they are the experts.

Hope this helps.

laurandisorder
12-11-2012, 12:07 AM
It's probably your heart rate.

Mine is high naturally (usually no lower than 90bpm), but it goes up to 140-150 when my stress levels peak or in the midst of a full blown attack.

When you say you feel like your blood pressure is rising, what do you mean by that. I know when I feel mine drop; I feel faint and like I'm going to white out. Is it similar to this or different?

If your Doctor has said you're ok blood pressure wise, I would trust them. They are the expert.

SunnieDebris
12-11-2012, 01:25 AM
It feels like my blood pressure goes up when i get stressed, but i have checked it and its not high. Is it my nerves?

Perhaps you are feeling flushed or tense? Those can both be symptoms of anxiety. Most people cannot feel when their blood pressure is too high, so I'm trying to get a bead on your physical experience.

justconfused
12-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Perhaps you are feeling flushed or tense? Those can both be symptoms of anxiety. Most people cannot feel when their blood pressure is too high, so I'm trying to get a bead on your physical experience.

I would agree with this. Most people can't feel when it is too high. The sign for me that tells me I am becoming "flushed" is I will feel the pulse in the top of my ears and they will feel hot. I mean I can feel the heart beat in the top of my ear without touching it. That's when I say ok time to calm down.