PDA

View Full Version : Why Bother?!!

Kalita
12-10-2012, 05:53 PM
I've spent months and months this year getting help for my anxiety and depression. Been doing cognitive behavioral therapy and seeing a psychologist. Trying everything possible to build myself up, learn to cope and manage my panic attacks. Then one day... that's all it takes... one day someone pulls the rug out from under me, and all that I've worked so hard on, comes crashing down! Now I'm back to square one! :( Why do I even bother?!!!!! :'(

mellymel
12-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Maybe it's just a bad day?

SunnieDebris
12-10-2012, 06:20 PM
I think you're having a bad day. One bad day doesn't necessarily mean that all your work is for naut. You can't expect perfection from yourself, or you're setting yourself up for failure. Do something nice for yourself, like take a bubble bath, listen to relaxing music, call a friend to go out for coffee. And don't beat yourself up. You are your harshest critic.

dazza
12-11-2012, 01:05 AM
Anxiety disorder heals over time. It comes and goes and can catch you unaware at any point.

The healing graph goes through peaks and troughs. The peaks (good) gradually get higher and the troughs (bad) lift.

Here's a graph of what I'm trying to say...